Is Derek Really A Fake ????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Conspiracies, Paranormal and the Unexplained
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gasman59
Resident Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Is Derek Really A Fake ???? Reply with quote

Now I know this is like beating a dead horse but hear me out.
We know of what Ciarian was up to with Derek on MH. We know all the news stories and blah, blah, blah but here's my point....
Whenever there were two mediums on MH, be it David Wells or the Ians , 9 out of 10 times, David and the Ians came up with the same info (or close) that Derek did. So for me at least, to say Derek is fake is to say that David and the Ians are full of shit as well. This got me to thinking... "Is Derek a 100% fake ?? or is he a legit medium that decided to ham it up for the camera and got lost along the way ??"

What are you're opinions on this ?
HandoGod

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile the poll rocks!

Not sure about the D.A. fake or not fake thing. I luv the show though

thumbs
Gasman59
Resident Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, at one time, was a HUGE Derek fan. But as I watch the show over and over, he absolutely annoys me. I count down to where the "possesion" is coming in. I'll give him (and Richard) some of my Ritalyn so they can chill !!
HandoGod

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused

lol
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to vote 'I think he has mediumistic qualities, but prefers to juice up the action with bad acting' because it's basically true.

I do believe Derek has abilities but he's ruined his reputation in a lot of peoples eyes with his horrid acting and it's a pity really.

When Most Haunted first started years back he always had my full attention and I pretty much believed everything he came out with. Now I feel like a twat for believing in it all because I believe 100% he's faked some bits along the way and made arseholes of people like me Sad I've a hard time watching Ghost Towns now because of it but will continue watching Most Haunted because of people like Ciaran that I fully believe. He's doing his job to the letter and won't let any fake shite pass by without question and won't compromise himself for entertainment value....unlike the rest of them did.
ashley1013

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Irish said Very Happy. I agree he most likely has some talents, as can be seen in the 1st season before the show took off - but as soon as his popularity and the show's popularity soared so did his ego - although, given he's a former football player it probably wasn't a big jump to a bigger ego hehe. He was always showy but we didn't get weekly possessions until later (at least I don't think we did).

Plus, he seemed to be a big part of the reason that everyone was always so on edge - he'd be all dramatic about things and then any little sound would freak Yvette or someone - kind of like telling ghost stories around the campfire Smile.

Now, that said, MH wouldn't be where it is today if he hadn't been there in the beginning but he and the show just seemed to want to take 2 different directions.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ashley1013 wrote:
What Irish said Very Happy. I agree he most likely has some talents, as can be seen in the 1st season before the show took off - but as soon as his popularity and the show's popularity soared so did his ego - although, given he's a former football player it probably wasn't a big jump to a bigger ego hehe. He was always showy but we didn't get weekly possessions until later (at least I don't think we did).

Plus, he seemed to be a big part of the reason that everyone was always so on edge - he'd be all dramatic about things and then any little sound would freak Yvette or someone - kind of like telling ghost stories around the campfire Smile.

Now, that said, MH wouldn't be where it is today if he hadn't been there in the beginning but he and the show just seemed to want to take 2 different directions.

Yeah, the 2 directions being do we want jobs for the upcoming season or not Razz With Derek...no ratings...without Derek...HOPE!
Gasman59
Resident Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree about Derek helping out the show in the beginning but I feel if they would have kept him on, it would have taken a shit in a big way. I love David and the Ians. I think they bring a lot to the show.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Conspiracies, Paranormal and the Unexplained All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: