Corrie: The Barlows go to AA

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Corrie: The Barlows go to AA Reply with quote

Laughing
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was so funny. I wish they'd do more stuff like that in future. Blanche cracks me up! lol!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Colston

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been to a couple of thousand AA meetings and none like this.... Laughing
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this all went down last July? It hasn't even been a year yet and Peter is drinking again. I must admit, I am sort of bored with drinking storylines...Peter, Phil...zzzzz
Colston

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpursFan1902 wrote:
So this all went down last July? It hasn't even been a year yet and Peter is drinking again. I must admit, I am sort of bored with drinking storylines...Peter, Phil...zzzzz

I think both the Phil and Peter stories have been done well. Only about 5% of alcoholics stop drinking permanently and change their lives to an extent that they don't turn to drink when things get difficult. And certainly there is often a lot of stopping and starting before a permanent change is effected.

Phil has never really tried to do something about the stuff that has him turning to drink for comfort and would be likely in reality to drink again and again.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I think they have been done well....too well, that is the problem. I don't watch soaps for reality. I think that I have a harder time with the drinking storylines because I lived with an alcoholic for years and it was a painful experience. Good thing I was young. You tend to bounce back faster when you are young. I couldn't do it now.
Colston

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpursFan1902 wrote:
Oh, I think they have been done well....too well, that is the problem. I don't watch soaps for reality. I think that I have a harder time with the drinking storylines because I lived with an alcoholic for years and it was a painful experience. Good thing I was young. You tend to bounce back faster when you are young. I couldn't do it now.

I agree... I don't bother at all with people who drink now. I keep them at arms length and more. I've realised that I value things being how they are a lot more than I thought. Being with drinkers and the like distorts reality as they don't seem to be able to live in a world where what happened happened.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Soaps All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: