Charlie Sheen and 9/11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Conspiracies, Paranormal and the Unexplained
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luke

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Charlie Sheen and 9/11 Reply with quote

charlie sheen has written a fictional account of a meeting between him and obama ... the media has gone into overdrive dissing sheen over this. i've just been going through a load of articles and they're all seriously misrepresenting what he said. one example;

the daily mail says 'He even hints that Osama Bin Laden was working with the CIA up until 9/11'

what he actually says is;

'FBI translator Sibel Edmonds, was dismissed and gagged by the D.O.J. after she revealed that the government had foreknowledge of plans to attack American cities using planes as bombs as early as April 2001. In July of ‘09, Mrs. Edmonds broke the Federal gag order and went public to reveal that Osama Bin Laden, Al Qaeda and the Taliban were all working for and with the C.I.A. up until the day of 9/11.'

instead of attacking charlie sheen, why not investigate the statements of sibel edmonds?

another example, again from the daily mail;

they say 'Sheen, the highest-paid actor on U.S. TV, argues that 'the official 9/11 story is a fraud' and says the commission set up to investigate was a whitewash. '

what he actually says, amongst others is;

'the recent stunning revelations that sixty percent of the 9/11 commissioners have publicly stated that the government agreed not to tell the truth about 9/11 and that the Pentagon was engaged in deliberate deception about their response to the attack'

and

'On pages two and three, sir, are the statements, as well, from commission co-chairmen Thomas Kean and Lee Hamilton, commissioners Bob Kerrey, Timothy Roemer and John Lehman, as well as the statements of commissioner Max Cleland, an ex-Senator from Georgia , who resigned, stating:

“It is a national scandal. This investigation is now compromised. One of these days we will have to get the full story because the 9/11 issue is so important to America. But this White House wants to cover it up.”'

so again, instead of of questioning sheen, why not have a word with the 9/11 commissioners who stated that view? why not talk to thomas kean, lee mamilton, bob kerrey, timothy roemer and john lehman?

the medias (non)handling of this will just fuel conspiracy theorists and talk of a cover up.

anyway, heres the letter and a video;

Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Author’s Note: What you have just read didn’t actually happen… yet. "

I wonder how many people read that bit. It should have been at the top, right under the "Twenty Minutes with the President ," and not in the small print at the bottom.

typical tabloid Jones ...

Shame really, it could have been handled better. I doubt that the pres is unaware of the questions that are being asked, I also doubt that he'll touch them.
SquareEyes

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks luke. That was a good read.

After Charley's ridiculous claims after watching "Flowers of Flesh and Blood" I'd always taken the guy for an idiot, but I've changed my mind now.

And his dad is still one of my fave actor's of all time Smile
luke

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what were charley sheens ridiculous claims squareeyes?

9/11 anniversary: a lovely day for a spot of protesting at the BBC
'Cool kids' at Television Centre call for investigation into nano-thermite - whatever that is – at Ground Zero

9/11 conspiracy theorists outside BBC television centre.

Eight years ago today, the world fell over on my TV screen while I vomited dodgy prawns into a washing up bowl. Shivering and baffled, I lay on the living room carpet, picking shreds of bok choy from my poisoned teeth, as the four busy horsemen of the apocalypse rode their jets into skyscrapers and put everything we knew about everything to the torch.

No wonder some people saw Satan's face in the dust – 11 September was a day for the demons, a jubilee of mayhem. The devil's own harvest festival.

Eight years later and though the shivering has stopped, that sense of bewilderment and awe remains. The dust from that day is still in people's lungs, our world is madder than ever, and I'll never eat shrimp chow mein again. Damn you, al-Qaeda! You took away my freedom to eat Chinese food! I hate your hatred of my freedom!

I'll say this about 9/11: it was absolutely bonkers. It was double-plus bonkers with a cherry on top. And I find it bonkers squared that anyone can look back on that godforsaken day and think that they know exactly what happened. As if a giant CASE CLOSED has been stamped across the skyline of New York. As if 9/11 is a question that's been answered, a theorem that's been solved. Clearly, to the satisfaction of many, it has – but to the people standing outside the BBC today, the mystery and outrage not only haven't gone away, they're deeper and stronger than ever.

It's a lovely day for a spot of protesting. The sun is out, the placards are freshly sprayed, and the police are being friendly. "You can do what you want," smiles the sergeant, "just don't run inside the building." Gareth assures me that running inside the building isn't part of the plan. The plan today is to hand out fliers and DVDs, holler facts at the BBC front entrance, and tell as many people as possible about nano-thermite.

I don't know what nano-thermite is. Turns out it's a high-tech incendiary compound that the US Department of Defence is fond of using to incendiarise things. It's a substance that a Professor from the University of Copenhagen has found in the rubble of Ground Zero. Gareth is excited about the nano-thermite. "The paper was peer reviewed," he grins. "I've got a copy if you want one." I take one for the Tube. If it's a choice between London Lite and the Open Chemical Physics Journal, I know which one I'd rather spend rush hour with.

Gareth Newnham is from London Truth Action. He's hoping for a decent turn out today – around 150 people are expected; already there's 60 or so truthers here, and a cheery informational vibe. There's a slim, half-uttered hope that the BBC might even do a story about the "new evidence". They won't, of course. Everyone knows that.

Still, Gareth is a beacon of optimism. "A lot of younger people are questioning the official story, particularly those who were in the age range of 18-25 when the attack happened." A sad bit of maths takes place in my head; I'm one of the older guard. "Something has changed over the last couple of years. Fewer people think we're crazy, the initial shock of the information is starting to wear off."

And certainly the protest here feels resolutely sane. No one here has a tinfoil hat. Gareth's had a haircut and everything. The girl in the pants is about as kooky as it gets. The free DVDs are proving a hit with BBC workers, spirits are running high and the leaflets are running low. I offer to go and print some more.

"Go back to sleep!" booms the tall man with the loudspeaker, as I head off to the print shop. "Your government is in control! Believe everything that you're told! Don't ask questions!" A taxi driver honks his support. Either that or he's honking at the girl who's wearing frilly knickers over the top of her jeans. It's hard to tell just from the honk.

The massive banner opposite the lobby says INVESTIGATE 9/11, which I realise isn't an imperative at all. It's a question. Everyone here is a question. Gareth is a question. Nano-thermite is a question. Truth is a question. 9/11 is a question.

But here's something I really don't understand: when did it become uncool to ask questions? When did questioners become imbeciles? Who gets to hand out the tinfoil hats? When did it become cool to believe what we're told? In the words of Mr Hicks, did I miss a meeting? When did so many of the cynics and sceptics, so many of the sharpest brains I know (hello Charlie Brooker!) think that the cool thing to do is mock the questioners, and defend the party line. How stratospherically uncool is that? You want to know who's cool? Gareth is cool, Mohsin in the pink shirt is cool, the girl in the pink pants is cool. Charlie Sheen is cool, Julianne Moore is cool, Dario Fo is cool. And today, perhaps for the first time in my life, I'm cool too.

from http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/organgrinder/2009/sep/11/ground-zero-bbc-protest
Colston

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luke wrote:
what were charley sheens ridiculous claims squareeyes?

Guinea Pig: Early in 1991, a film of Asian origin rumored to contain actual snuff footage came into the possession of actor Charlie Sheen. Sheen turned it over to the FBI, quite convinced he'd stumbled onto the real thing, and heartily sickened by what he'd seen.

The film in question was Flower of Flesh and Blood, part of a series of films collectively known as "Guinea Pig." Some of the "Guinea Pig" films have at least temporarily fooled the authorities, fueling news stories about the unearthing of snuff films. It's no wonder either; the special effects are very cleverly executed. Flower of Flesh and Blood is the episode which stirs much of the controversy. It features a samurai torturing then dismembering a captive girl until she eventually expires in front of the cameras.

It wasn't real. According to The San Francisco Chronicle:
The FBI confiscated Sheen's tape and proceeded to investigate all involved, including Charles Balun, an early distributor of the film. Balun fiercely asserted that the film was a hoax and was merely a series of startling special effects. Propitiously, the Japanese took this time to release ''Guinea Pig Two: The Making of Guinea Pig One,'' revealing the technical sleight of hand in all its bone-cracking glory. After viewing this film, the FBI backed off and dropped the investigation.
In a stunning display of bad taste, this film was shown on San Francisco's public access channel in October 1996.
SquareEyes

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^what Colston said
luke

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks. i'd never heard of it
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But if the FBI had to be convinced (through a whole other film being made) then surely that means that it wasn't outlandish for Sheen to have made any claims about the movie in the first place?

It must have been really well made - better than the conspiracy news propaganda engaged in by the American forces to set up that 'rescue of the wounded female soldier' a couple of years back in Iraq. Lyndy something?
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Charlie Sheen in two and a half men. Other than that, he's a knuckledragging fuckwad. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a wee story about Charlie Sheen, which I think I told sometime before, but hey.

A pal of mine (Neil) was hitch-hiking around Europe and managed to get as far as the outskirts of Rome, dumped on the edge of the city. He had not a penny on him and started walking towards the centre so he could get to the British consulate and get them to loan some cash for the journey home.

He was sat on some set of stairs looking the worse for wear when an American guy came up and just started talking to him in English. Neil asked him why he knew he was an English speaker and he told him it was because he was so white... haha Anyway, the guy took him for a meal and drink and gave him 50 euros to see him through.

A couple of weeks later when Neil had got back and told the story as if nothing special really had happened, we were sat watching the local Scottish news and there was a story about Charlie Sheen being caught in Glasgow taking coke with a prostitute. 'That's the guy who gave me the money in Rome!' shouts my pal... haha

You might think he should have recognised him at first, but he wasn't one for Hollywood movies so he really was a stranger to him.

So, on that basis - Charlie Sheen's alright in my book!
SquareEyes

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
But if the FBI had to be convinced (through a whole other film being made) then surely that means that it wasn't outlandish for Sheen to have made any claims about the movie in the first place?

It must have been really well made - better than the conspiracy news propaganda engaged in by the American forces to set up that 'rescue of the wounded female soldier' a couple of years back in Iraq. Lyndy something?

It was well done for it's time, but it was obviously fake. Skin is not that rubbery. The girl would have died from blood-loss before the middle of the film and several camera angles are used. It's been an age since I last saw it, but I'm sure there are plenty of other reasons for knowing it was obviously faked.

"The Devil's Experiment" was another of the same series and was much more disturbing, I thought. Basically, just a woman being punched for half an hour. The series of films got madder and madder as it went on. "Mermaid in a Manhole" was an acid-induced story of an artist who finds a mermaid and then leaves her to rot, while using the secretions to paint her portrait. "He Never Dies" is a scream (best of the whole series). A bloke tries to commit suicide, but finds he's immortal and invents more and more elaborate ways to top himself. There is a docu showing how it was all done and it's a great watch. The other films in the series were (imho) very poor.
SquareEyes

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
So, on that basis - Charlie Sheen's alright in my book!

Wow! Mr. Sheen ("shines umpteen thing's clean" - sorry - I have a very good memory for very bad UK adverts). He's certainly working his way well up me list of Hollywood people who are not wankers. Thanks for the anecdote, Face!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Conspiracies, Paranormal and the Unexplained All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: