Corrie - real life accident sees director run down

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject: Corrie - real life accident sees director run down Reply with quote

faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kev: How I cheated death on the Street
By SARA NATHAN
thesun.co.uk

CORRIE star Michael Le Vell yesterday told how he cheated death in the horror car crash on the soap set. Speaking for the first time since the accident, the actor said he feared for his life as a TV car hurtled towards him and the show’s director Kay Patrick.

The star, 44, who plays grease monkey Kevin Webster, said: “Someone could have been killed that day. It just clipped my hip and threw me out the way. But Kay had her back to the car and was directing people, putting them in position. The throttle was stuck on. It hit her full pelt. She went across the bonnet and then it went across the street and into water on the set. I swear, we all thought she was dead.”

He added: “It was like ‘This can’t happen. We are on Coronation Street — we are supposed to be wrapped in cotton wool’. Kay later sent me a message, saying another minute later and I would have had my back to the car.”

In the crash last month, a Ford Mondeo being used in a scene roared out of control after the accelerator stuck and hurtled towards Michael and Kay, 58. It threw Kay over the bonnet, but doctors have told her she should make a full recovery. Michael said: “Fortunately she is OK now. She has had a plate put in her shoulder, her leg is still bad and she is going to be off work for a long, long time.” ITV bosses are probing the freak crash.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Soaps All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: