George Galloway's 'The Mother of All Talk Shows'
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luke

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure if i like the name rebel radio ... Confused

best of luck to him though, be great if it happens Smile

i've often thought its a shame we don't have anything like democracy now over here, maybe this could turn into something like it
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not too keen on the Rebel name either - it will immediately turn off a lot of people from NI.

But I might get in touch about doing a show - I used to run my own pirate station in the 90s (across the road from GG's constituency office no less!) and have done a few other legit stations too... setup with Skype it could work well.

Redice radio is a good example of how it can be done. They focus more on conspiracy stuff, but technically that's irrelevant.

http://www.redicecreations.com/
Colston

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luke wrote:

i've often thought its a shame we don't have anything like democracy now over here, maybe this could turn into something like it

This would be a great development...
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't much go for the rebel name either. I'm wondering about what sort of news would be broadcast, if any at all.

Good luck to it though, we do need something like it ..

When he turned an 80,000 number of listeners to 800,000 when most are more likely to be in the pub, and if it was the bean counters, they need the sack ...,
joepiano

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are two examples of online radio...each quite different:

http://www.theyoungturks.com/

http://www.thejefffariasshow.com/

I enjoy both of them. Interestingly, the Young Turks call themselves 'Rebel Headquarters' if you do an internet search for them.

The Jeff Farias Show is my favorite of the type...as Jeff does great interviews and is very accessible. He has a USTREAM video on his site, as well as an MP3 link that will stream, and a podcast also.

They both run on contributions, with The Young Turks getting a huge 'market share' through their youtube show.
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that making it a pay as you go idea will work at all, not in the beginning anyway.

Find some rich benefactors to get it up and running, then the advertisers, and then maybe a subscription that would turn off the adds. Sort of spotify like.
Mandy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.eastlondonadvertiser.co.uk/content/towerhamlets/advertiser/news/story.aspx?brand=ELAOnline&category=GeneralElection2010&tBrand=northlondon24&tCategory=newsela&itemid=WeED13%20Apr%202010%2017%3A44%3A12%3A230

MP George Galloway to launch radio station after talkSPORT show 'axed'

13 April 2010
GEORGE Galloway is planning to launch his own radio station over claims his talkSPORT show has been axed.

The Bethnal Green and Bow MP has been hosting the Mother of All Talk Shows on Friday and Saturday nights for four years.

But the show has been taken off the air in the run up to the election under Ofcom regulations while Mr Galloway stands as a Respect MP candidate for Poplar and Limehouse.

Management at talkSPORT insist the show has not been killed off although it will not be continuing in "its current capacity" while World Cup mania takes over the radio waves.

But Mr Galloway insists the show has been given the chop which he has branded a "business mistake".

He says he now plans to launch the internet radio station Rebel Radio which he insists will be a "free speech radio" hosting his own Mother of All Talk Shows as well as other "rebel voices" who will debate a range of political issues.

He said: "The show became something of a phenomenon. I consider its demise premature, and I am determined to try to keep it alive

"Rebel radio will be controversial, funny, campaigning, and informative; it will be radio for thinking people. It will be radical and above all it will never ever be dull."

Mr Galloway plans to fund the station through donations or subscriptions but says he will pursue it after the General Election.

A talkSPORT spokesman said: "The Mother of All Talk Shows will not continue in its current capacity but George Galloway will continue at the station.[/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: