What is it with teenage suicides these days ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:30 pm    Post subject: What is it with teenage suicides these days ? Reply with quote

I Just Don't get it ...... I always tell MY Eldest Grandbaby (nearly 9) If there's something or someone bugging you or hurting you no matter what !!!! You can talk to me and I will help you ....It will be between us !!!! always !!!! I will always be your stepping stone Always ......

Makes no sense to me at all Sad
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There could be a lot of reasons why he did this, but for once I'm in agreement with the comments on there... he could have killed someone else by doing that and that suggests uncaring selfishness.

Your kids and grandkids are lucky to have you though Aja. I can imagine you now 'get down off that bridge or I'll kill you myself!' haha, just kidding...
free2view

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi guys i still use this site but rarley comment. The reason is simple why so many are now shown. with the net. its open source for the media. back 10 years ago it was happening just the same. 20 years ago also. its now only the media pick it up and show us. I have lost 7 friends to it over 25 years. how many do you know?I know of 2 murders too. and i live in a nice uk suberb. its just the internet info stream bringing this sad shit to us.
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
There could be a lot of reasons why he did this, but for once I'm in agreement with the comments on there... he could have killed someone else by doing that and that suggests uncaring selfishness.

Your kids and grandkids are lucky to have you though Aja. I can imagine you now 'get down off that bridge or I'll kill you myself!' haha, just kidding...

I'd break there foking necks before i allowed them to kill themselves and thats the truth Smile
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

free2view wrote:
hi guys i still use this site but rarley comment. The reason is simple why so many are now shown. with the net. its open source for the media. back 10 years ago it was happening just the same. 20 years ago also. its now only the media pick it up and show us. I have lost 7 friends to it over 25 years. how many do you know?I know of 2 murders too. and i live in a nice uk suberb. its just the internet info stream bringing this sad shit to us.

free to veiw
I have never lost a friend to suicide but have been very close to peeps that have !!!! very recently !!! I do agree with u that the net is helping things a long !!! but my question is
How do we Stop this ???

Many many years ago I had suicidal thoughts !!! I was so fucking depressed Sad and then i was thinking of ways to kill myself
ie in front of train (to painful i may survive with one arm ) '
Pills ( I may just fuck my body up )
slit my wrists ( i may end up brain dead )
etc etc
I just happened to laff my way out of my depression ...... I wish others could !!!!
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had friends die of suicide and I've had to counsel those who want to kill themselves. Sadly Aja, we will never stop this. Not completely. So many factors work into it all. A lot of it has to do with resiliency, for some reason certain people seem to have more than others. There is actual research going into it.
All I know is it breaks my heart when I talk with these kids and they feel this hopeless. But at least they are talking.
I so wish it all would stop. I would happily walk away from my job tomorrow and find other work if I knew it meant no one would have to suffer like this anymore.
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
I've had friends die of suicide and I've had to counsel those who want to kill themselves. Sadly Aja, we will never stop this. Not completely. So many factors work into it all. A lot of it has to do with resiliency, for some reason certain people seem to have more than others. There is actual research going into it.
All I know is it breaks my heart when I talk with these kids and they feel this hopeless. But at least they are talking.
I so wish it all would stop. I would happily walk away from my job tomorrow and find other work if I knew it meant no one would have to suffer like this anymore.

Just before I left the UK Sky I was about to start Uni on a 3 year social workers course ..I had wanted to end up working with Troubled teens !!! And drug addiction !!! instead I ended up as a Cook and then Nanny !!!! go Figure !!!
My Heart will will always be with troubled Kids !!!! I think Its taken me this this long Living in the USA to understand the troubled kids here !!! of course its a whole different life here ..from ghetto to Surbs .....My Heart still wants to help !!!!!
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a good thing then Aja. You could be of great help to others. Especially those you love. No one understands the feeling of depression and absolute hopelessness more than those who have been through it.
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
That is a good thing then Aja. You could be of great help to others. Especially those you love. No one understands the feeling of depression and absolute hopelessness more than those who have been through it.

smiles at Sky none of my family are suicidal !!!! at least not now !!!! But Sometimes with the aid of flashbacks (which piss me off) I so understand !!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: