The Guardian delete 200 comments

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:54 pm    Post subject: The Guardian delete 200 comments Reply with quote

Earlier today the Guardian's online frontpage ran with a headline regarding the BBC Director General's claim for reimbursement when he was called back to work as a result of the 'Sachsgate' nonsense.

It was featured as the main story and basically amounted to the guy claiming £2000 on what seemed to me (and 95% of the other readers) to be an utterly bogus story that would only make sense if it was in a right wing tabloid, not in a quality broadsheet. The guy was on holiday and it's supposed to be a scandal that he claimed his travel expenses to bring his family home so that he could sort the matter?

Anyway, all those comments slagging off the editorial decision to run it as a headline resulted in one of the editors coming into the discussion to assure everyone that the story would be changed to reflect the fact that 'they used our licence fee to fly his family home'. Talk about throwing petrol on a fire... she'd completely failed to realise that the problem wasn't with the story as much as it was with them making a scandal out of it!

So now they've completely changed the story and removed all those 200+ comments...

I feel like writing to the Daily Mail and demanding they do something about it! Laughing
pmusicman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: I'm a One Man Band Reply with quote

I should've thought that Director General's prime duty, for his huge salary, was to set up a chain of command to avoid a situation whereby he alone could deal with a crisis. In the age of mobiles, internet and confrence calls,I don't really understand why he, never mind his whole family had to return home.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's because he would have been the victim of more hysteria by the fucking idiots who complained about the situation in the first place.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: