Corrie: Blanche must be saved!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: Corrie: Blanche must be saved! Reply with quote

Blanche saved from the axe
27/12/2008

Coronation Street's battleaxe Blanche Hunt has been given a reprieve by producers, after reports the character would be killed off. The Sun reports that show bosses were devising a storyline which would see Blanche - played by Maggie Jones - taken ill after feeling faint around New Year. However, the plan was scrapped after it was decided the character still had "a lot to give".

"It has been seriously considered and discussed at our latest forward planning meeting that the character of Blanche should be killed off," a show insider told the paper. But we appreciate she's a great old grumpy character and the chemistry between Blanche, the Barlow clan and the other street regulars is so superb we felt we had to keep her."

Blanche was first played by Patricia Cutts in 1974, but she appeared in just two episodes before the actress tragically committed suicide. Maggie stepped in to replace her and played the character for four years before making brief reappearances in 1981 and 1996. She became a regular on the show once again in 1998.

------------------

I'd no idea they were planning to get rid of her, and they better not! Some of her one-liners are just brilliant.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm shocked that they were planning to get rid of her. I think she is hilarious. Some of the comedic stuff coming out of her mouth makes some episodes worth watching, as sometimes there is a lull between story lines. She absolutely cracks me up! Long live crotchety 'ole Blanche!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
misslisalynn

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't imagine what the Street would be like without Blanche. Her one liners bring laughter tears to my eyes, she is great fun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Soaps All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: