Queen Elizabeth II Descended from the Prophet Muhammad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luke

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Queen Elizabeth II Descended from the Prophet Muhammad Reply with quote

Quote:

Burke's Peerage:

I was surprised that the writers of comments over at Salon.com did not know the below. It is common knowledge to anyone interested in genealogy.

I know that it is hard for people invested in a hard East/ West dichotomy to imagine that the icon of Western civilization, the British royal family, has Arab Muslim antecedents (along with a host of other nationalities of course.) But it does.

The Greater Mediterranean got all mixed up over millennia. Most Sicilians (i.e. most Italian-Americans) also have Arab Muslim ancestors. It works the other way around, too. It is obvious that a lot of Egyptians, Lebanese and Jordanians have descent from the Christian European Crusaders.

This is connected to just pointing out that having ancestors named Hussein is more common among Europeans and Americans than is usually realized. Elizabeth II can't be descended from the Prophet Muhammad without also being descended from his grandson, the original Husayn / Hussein, since that is the line of descent of the Sayyids.

'United Press International
October 10, 1986
MOSLEMS IN BUCKINGHAM PALACE

Mixed in with Queen Elizabeth's blue blood is the blood of the Moslem prophet Mohammed, according to Burke's Peerage, the geneological guide to royalty. The relation came out when Harold B. Brooks-Baker, publishing director of Burke's, wrote Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher to ask for better security for the royal family. ''The royal family's direct descent from the prophet Mohammed cannot be relied upon to protect the royal family forever from Moslem terrorists,'' he said. Probably realizing the connection would be a surprise to many, he added, ''It is little known by the British people that the blood of Mohammed flows in the veins of the queen. However, all Moslem religious leaders are proud of this fact.''

Brooks-Baker said the British royal family is descended from Mohammed through the Arab kings of Seville, who once ruled Spain. By marriage, their blood passed to the European kings of Portugal and Castille, and through them to England's 15th century King Edward IV. '

from http://www.juancole.com/2008/02/burkes-peerage-queen-elizabeth-ii.html

Shocked wow how crazy!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's certainly news to me - excellent! I knew that about Sicilians from watching that Tarantino movie with Dennis Hopper where he palys the father of the main character, I can't remember the name now..
nekokate

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
that's certainly news to me - excellent! I knew that about Sicilians from watching that Tarantino movie with Dennis Hopper where he palys the father of the main character, I can't remember the name now..

True Romance smoking
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the one - it was a great scene...
Mandy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a recent British TV documentary (on BBC or Channel 4 or 5) looking back at the history of the British Royal Family.

They came to the conclusion that there was an illegitimate blood line, and the true King of England lives in Australia !!!

Now imagine the reverse situation of this was found out about a despised foreign dictatorship. You would find the west arming the "true" king so he can be restored to his rightful place (and become a Western puppet in the process).

p.s. News flash (for those who believe) : We are all relatives with Adam and Eve being the common ancestor.
luke

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mandy wrote:
We are all relatives with Adam and Eve being the common ancestor.

funny i was just thinking of that, and i was wondering - how does the bible account for all the different colours of people?

i know the different languages came from the tower of babel thing ... i really should read the bible one day Confused
nekokate

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luke wrote:
Mandy wrote:
We are all relatives with Adam and Eve being the common ancestor.

funny i was just thinking of that, and i was wondering - how does the bible account for all the different colours of people?

i know the different languages came from the tower of babel thing ... i really should read the bible one day Confused

You'd be even more confused after reading it, Luke.

Also, the Adam & Eve point that Mandy made (if one is citing the Old Testament) is only partially true, since everyone but 8 humans were wiped out by The Great Flood later on, anyway, and so had to be repopulated from just those 8*

*I think it was 8, maybe more, but all obviously from the same part of the world since aeroplanes hadn't been invented yet, I don't think...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't it just noah and his wife whose sons Kane and Abel were the progeny? Of course, this goes right against such groups as the antidiluvians (meaning before The Flood) of course.
t.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAH!!

I can't believe I never heard of this. That's it, I'm hereby starting one of those annoying email forwards that's about to cross the world.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: