Ta-ra to Corrie girl Zaraah

View previous topic :: View next topic  
carmelina

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Ta-ra to Corrie girl Zaraah Reply with quote

CORRIE star Zaraah Abrahams is being axed — just two weeks after on-screen pal Tina O’Brien quit.

Zaraah, who has played factory girl Joanne Jackson for 2˝ years, will film her last scenes in July.

Viewers will see her exit from the Street a month later. But bosses revealed her character will not be killed off, leaving the door open for Joanne to return.

Last night Corrie producer Steve Frost confirmed Zaraah was leaving. He said: “It wasn’t a situation like Tina’s where she came in and said she wanted to go.

“Zaraah is a great actress, but in soaps characters come and go as they do in real life. Basically, it’s just the end of the line for her character. We wish her well.”

The 20-year-old actress said: “I have had the most amazing time but I am very excited about the future. I am looking forward to getting the opportunity to play some new roles.”

Millions of fans have just seen Joanne arrested when immigration officers raided the Underworld factory.

She was nicked after revealing to Hayley Cropper she was illegally brought over from Liberia at the age of eight.

Earlier this month The Sun revealed Tina O’Brien, 23, was quitting her role as Sarah-Louise Platt following an eight-year stint.

admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read that the guy who plays Jamie Baldwin is leaving this year too - meaning there will be no more Baldwins on the street. Times change for sure...
tasst

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

House clearing again eh?
Hairy Potter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and yet gail and sally are still there, about time a bomb hit them or something.

sorry to any gail or sally fans but I just can't stand them
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I was thinking how they are making Gail and Eileen a bit of a throwback to the days when there was Hilda Ogden and Elsie Tanner.

If they work on those two a bit I might quite get to like Gail......ok maybe not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Soaps All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: