Pinochet dead

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Pinochet dead Reply with quote

I just saw that Pinochet has died - what a fecking shame eh? Here's hoping the families of the thousands of people whom he ordered to be tortured and murdered can now have some kind of peace now that this bastard isn't being helped any more.

I wonder if the CIA will send representatives to his funeral as yet another mark of respect?
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a rather hard lined comment on the death of a human being....

I admit he wasn't the worlds best person & certainly in my eyes didn't do anything to help world peace...

Indeed an utter bastard in the worlds eye too...

But I'd rather say there goes anotherone, than slander him in death having not lived in or around his country or rule...

I did learn a good few things whilst I grew up in south africa during the apathaid era...
Myself & my family were dead against it, but in some respects it was as good as it was bad.

Whilst I respect an open forum & free speech, I also respect that a death of a human no matter how bad this is a death of another human & the slander of a dead person no matter how bad he or she was could & realy should be left for a short term...

No offence meant, but this is about as great as the SUN and other tabloids get on reporting....

=====================

Yes he was a sod, yes the world is better without all the crap... but respect for the dead huh.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've no respect for that malicious bastard dead or alive. Nor for his family who benefitted from his fascist regime through the money and position it brought them. Or for his pals, or anyone concerned with his oppression who remain free.

Why give them the humanity that they denied to so many thousands of others?
HandoGod

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you face, you hit the nail in the coffin in that last post. Anyone who does or supports, or profits or whatever from those acts should see the wrath of God.

agree
Marcella-FL
Don't make me pull this van over!!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh ... ok ... and Hitler was a really nice chap once you got to know him ... and if you weren't a jew ...
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With you on this also Face. I prefer respect for the living. If you're a bastard in life why do you get to be treated nice in death?
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must say I'm not going to shed any tears that he's gone. Still won't bring back all those other people though or change their life. But at least they'll know that he's gone.
cat21

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe they actually debated giving him a State funeral!

I'm lost for words!!

Thank goodness sanity prevailed and they said no!
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I didn't make myself clear at first...

I am no fan of him or what he did...

Somebody mentioned Hitler above...
Not exactly the same, but hey...

Both started out wrong, ended wrong but did some good along the way I suppose...

A lot of his country disliked him for his dasterdly deeds (who wouldn't), but many are still aware & greatful for delivering them from Communism, from an even worse regime (leader) than he was & sorting out the countries economy.
I suppose this is why they are thinking of a state funeral.

I hope you guys don't for one second think I condone anything this guy did in the way of killing innocents etc...

(I do feel like a slice of toast with butter on both sides... no matter whats said I will land on the butter side when dropped...)
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6ULDV8 wrote:
many are still aware & greatful for delivering them from Communism, from an even worse regime (leader) than he was & sorting out the countries economy.

It wasn't communism, but marxism - very different things when you consider that communism is generally regarded as oppressive Stalinism... That government was elected democractically as the world's first legal Marxist government while Pinochet was illegally funded by the CIA in order to crush it through murder because the people's choice in democracy was not considered the right one.
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
6ULDV8 wrote:
many are still aware & greatful for delivering them from Communism, from an even worse regime (leader) than he was & sorting out the countries economy.

It wasn't communism, but marxism - very different things when you consider that communism is generally regarded as oppressive Stalinism... That government was elected democractically as the world's first legal Marxist government while Pinochet was illegally funded by the CIA in order to crush it through murder because the people's choice in democracy was not considered the right one.

Sounds a tad like the USA right now then...

Leader at the helm lost the election of the people but was placed in charge anyway...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6ULDV8 wrote:
faceless wrote:
6ULDV8 wrote:

Sounds a tad like the USA right now then...

Leader at the helm lost the election of the people but was placed in charge anyway...

well, I was just reading up on him (Allende) on Wiki and it seems that even at the worst of the economic chaos in the country (caused generally by the fall in the global price of copper, their chief export) his popularity actually increased! I was quite surprised to see that.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6ULDV8 wrote:
I hope you guys don't for one second think I condone anything this guy did in the way of killing innocents etc...

Of course not....you're entitled to your opinion Smile
janbo1960

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
6ULDV8 wrote:

Of course not....you're entitled to your opinion Smile

i agree... ahve your say...... he was an evl despot though... not the first and nsadly not the last. many of todays world leadrer will not be able to 'cast the first stone'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: