Cauliflower and Mushroom curry

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Cauliflower and Mushroom curry Reply with quote

I've not made a veggie curry for a good while, but I've always liked a good mushroom one, and cauliflower is also great in them, so I cooked some cauliflower first, then bunged that and the small mushrooms together with chopped tomatoes, onion and tomato puree, with half a jar of Patak's concentrated Madras paste in a large pot.

It's outstanding!

I'm gonna leave it on a low heat for a few hours, for the flavours to absorb even more, before eating... it looks, tastes and smells brilliant.
Twirley

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not usually a big fan of veggie curries but I think I'll try that one!

Ta. Smile
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just curious, but what is Madras paste? This curry sounds absolutely delicious.... my mouth is watering Smile
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff, and they do a range if you don't like it too hot (Madras is one of the hottest).
cori

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds excellent and I thank you for this Saturday's dinner, I'm smelling the aroma right now Very Happy
namloop

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have numerous books on making curry. But the very best one i picked up in a waterstones for 5 pounds or so. Just a small paperbackThere are no pictures or anything just good basic fundamentals on how to make a curry. Its called "the curry secret" by Kris Dhillon. I know you can get it off amazon for 3.99. Check it out, it beats pataks by a country mile and once you've made a batch of the sauce and frozen its just as convenient.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Namloop wrote:
I have numerous books on making curry. But the very best one i picked up in a waterstones for 5 pounds or so. Just a small paperbackThere are no pictures or anything just good basic fundamentals on how to make a curry. Its called "the curry secret" by Kris Dhillon. I know you can get it off amazon for 3.99. Check it out, it beats pataks by a country mile and once you've made a batch of the sauce and frozen its just as convenient.

Cheers, there's a good Asian grain/spice store quite near and I have wanted to do what you say, but wasn't sure of the best way.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:

Great stuff, and they do a range if you don't like it too hot (Madras is one of the hottest).

Thanks. I don't like really hot stuff so would likely go for one of the more mild ones. Still, sounds yummy though. Hope you enjoyed your supper!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Aja's Kitchen All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: