Booze and Bigotry

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cobweb

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:11 pm    Post subject: Booze and Bigotry Reply with quote

Hi all, I have been away for a while...well, cause I've been away.

Anyhoo......I had to read this one twice...A direct quote"Ch Supt Bernard Higgins who is in charge of policing the parade said his officers would take a "zero tolerance approach" to any disorder or sectarianism from those who follow the march." Given that then why are the buggers being allowed to march at all? The very existence of the order is sectarian and bigoted.

If you need a more prosaic reason for why in the 21st century this sort of shite shouldn't be allowed then why can they get away with blocking up the city center for ages on a busy shopping day? It's hard enough for retailers just now (ask Habitat, Jane Norman and Thornton's and their employees) without people giving going into the town a wide berth because of this.

If they want to march about then go to Bellahouston Park, Glasgow Green or Strathclyde Park and walk your legs off and they won't be annoying anyone.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good to see you back

I was woken up by these noisy maniacs earlier. But this isn't even the main event is it? As far as I know they're just practicing walking about being noisy drunk archaic twats for the big event in a couple of weeks.

If it wasn't for the religious hatred aspect of it, I think they could be a tourist attraction that would make money for the whole city rather than just the bars and off-sales along the route.
cobweb

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny thing Faceless is that in the Belfast marches the bans regularly play fields of athenry and a few other songs that would make the average rangers fan/loyalist's ears jump up.

Indeed you are correct that today was not the main parade which is on the 12th of this month. Will be interesting to see how many actual arrests were made today or if the Beeb even report on it.
cobweb

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and the answer to my queston is in...Strathclyde Police said the offences were committed by followers of the parade. Officers also issued a "large number" of fixed penalty notices for drinking and urinating in a public place.....basically they are a bunch of alcoholic flashers.

faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're what the EDL will be like in a hundred years.
cobweb

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Not often I disagree with you faceless but I doubt the EDL will ever get that far...the OO had things to coalesce around and form a formal structure....the EDL is (from what I have been able to see of them so far on telly) just a bunch of racist alcoholics......oh yeah...I see what you mean.....but seriously they don't, as yet, have the structure or organisation just tracksuits and big chips on shoulders.

Something I just wondered something from loking at the photo.....are they all fucking snooker refs or what? What gives with the white gloves?

....and for people doing something that they bang on so much about having the right to do they don't have look like a miserable shower of bastards.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: