Flintstones to be remade

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject: Flintstones to be remade Reply with quote

Family Guy creator to revive Flintstones
Seth MacFarlane to create new version of classic animated series that originally ran in US from 1960 to 1966
John Plunkett
guardian.co.uk,
17 May 2011

MacFarlane promised a modern take on the show featuring the adventures of Fred and Wilma, their neighbours Barney and Betty, and their children Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm. "What's the animal version of the iPod? That's the kind of thing we have to think about," said MacFarlane. "One of the first things that I drew when I was two years old was Fred Flintstone," he added. "So it's appropriate that events have come full circle, allowing me to produce the newest incarnation of this great franchise. Plus, I think America is finally ready for an animated sitcom about a fat, stupid guy with a wife who's too good for him."

Fox said production on the show would begin immediately with it due to debut on the network on 2013. "Fox has long been home to iconic families like the Simpsons and the Griffins, so I have no doubt that the Flintstones and the Rubbles are going to fit right in on our air," Fox entertainment president Kevin Reilly told the Hollywood Reporter. Heavily influenced by the Flintstones' original producers Hanna-Barbera – for whom he was an animator and writer – MacFarlane's Family Guy debuted on Fox in 1999. He went on to co-create American Dad!, as well as Family Guy spin-off, The Cleveland Show. All of the shows air on Fox.

The Flintstones will be jointly produced by Fox and Warner Bros. Fans will be hoping the new version of the show is better than the 1994 big-screen spin-off starring John Goodman which prompted the review: "Yabba-dabba-don't". However, the film grossed $358m worldwide at the box office, according to IMDb.

---------------------

This could be good, the original series had some great gags
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> General TV All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: