Jdownloader

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:37 pm    Post subject: Jdownloader Reply with quote

I just installed this and it works a charm for content from most filehosts. One problem with ifile.it was that you had to allow each file to download before starting the next, but when this program is running in the background, it will automatically include the download link if you right-click and 'copy shortcut' to most files on here.

http://jdownloader.en.softonic.com/

Here's a screenshot of the program running - I copied the links using the right-mouse button and they appear under the 'linkgrabber' tab. Once you've got all the files linked in, you select the ones you want and then right-click again to select the 'continue with selected package(s)' option. Then you can leave it to run. No more fannying about.

Note: You change the folder you're saving your files to in the "settings" tab. Also, you might need to have a free account at ifile.it to get this working, but it takes only a few seconds to sort that.

dmrtn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works especially well with Mediafire downloads. So much so that whenever I'm trying to download something I'll search for Mediafire links first. The speed of the download seems to be much higher than from other download sites along with the simultaneous downloads.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not tried with mediafire, but that's good to hear. Simultaneous downloads aren't really a problem with ifile because it gives so much though. I'm getting up to 3.5mb/s from it most times, so even a large file is done in a couple of minutes.
dmrtn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange. I don't get anywhere near that speed for ifile. I find it medium speed or not much faster than other sites like rapidshare, etc.

When a file, for example a film, is broken into 4 or 5 parts, downloading from Mediafire is far and away the fastest method that I've found.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you a member on ifile? They do say you get things faster if you are
SquareEyes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ifile works very well for me & I'm not a member. I find I can do 2 or 3 simultaneous downloads (no more) and just about max-out my connection at 2.9 meg (I use Internet Download Manager, btw)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: