Track your jobbies

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Track your jobbies Reply with quote

Flush Tracker lets you track your poo in honour of World Toilet Day
Have you ever wondered where your poo goes once you flush the toilet? Now, thanks to the wonders of the internet, you can find out, with the new site Flush Tracker.

Flush Tracker allows you to enter the time and location of your most recent toilet visit, and uses Google Maps to let you track your faeces as they make their way through your local sewers - with the path the poo has traced highlighted in neon blue, like a kind of scat-fetishist version of Tron.

Watching the travels of your excrement turns out to be a strangely compelling experience, with many Twitter users enthusiastically comparing their turd trajectories. As Times columnist Caitlin Moran wrote: 'Judging by the response I'm getting, Britain has now ground to a HALT watching plop-journeys on company time. WELL DONE BRITAIN.'

The site, created by toilet cleansers Domestos, actually has a serious purpose - it's in support of today's World Toilet Day, highlighting the fact that 2.5billion people around the world don't have access to proper toilets or sewerage.

At the time of writing, our test poo had sauntered down Kensington High Street through London's classic Joseph Bazalgette-designed sewer system, then turned left onto Earl's Court Road before making a sharp right and heading in the direction of Hammersmith, and freedom. (Full disclosure: we did not actually do a poo, we made one up for the purposes of Journalism.)

UPDATE: The imaginary poo has now travelled 7.5 miles and is currently being held near Hounslow at Mogden Sewage Treatment Works.

--------------------

technology, yeah!
SquareEyes

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just been watching a poo from the Vatican - so he doesn't shit in the woods after all ;)
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope they get the map from Germany. The toilet bowl here is unlike anything else that I've seen. Ones turd sits nicely for inspection, before, on the flush, almost orgasmic release.

Presumably into one of the many rivers that end up in the English channel.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a sewer system in this neighborhood. My poo is in a septic tank in my yard in the ground, and some day my toilet will back up and the septic tank will need to be sucked clean. lol Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: Track your jobbies Reply with quote

faceless wrote:

---------------------------

Kind of looks like Eastenders, doesn't it???
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha yeah

Actually I can see them maybe using this for some daft story... drugs, jewellery, etc, flushed away and tracked!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: