looking for a seriously cool condiment dispenser... help?!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
minder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:03 pm    Post subject: looking for a seriously cool condiment dispenser... help?! Reply with quote

hey everyone, my kids are seriously into their condiments, i mean i can serve them gourmet whatever but they just wont eat it unless its covered in ketchup mayo and mustard, im surprised they have any tastebuds left...! so to avoid the ugly bottles (which are not allowed to leave the kitchen table) i would like to get a funky condiment dispenser, the kitchen is done in a retro style so something that looks like it has come straight out of a 50s diner would go down a treat!
i had a little peek on ebay but everything is either dull or SUPER expensive and at the end of the day i have to bear in mind this is just a visually pleasing way of covering up ly kids horriffic habit!! so i cant be blowing the bank on it!!
any tips from anyone?? would go down a treat thanks guys
SquareEyes

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make some decent condiments involving combinations of balsamic, extra virgin, sesamie oil, hot chilly oil, fresh ground pepper, flavored salts etc. Serve different ones with different meals. Make a fuss about how cool it is to drizzle, not squirt (excuse my French :p). Introduce them slowly to the wonders of nice oil by just serving only a small starter of their favorite pasta shapes with some oil & freshly-cracked black pepper.

Once kids realise how cool they can look by talking to their mates about food, when their friends parents only do microwaves & takeaways, they soon get an interest.

Otherwise, steal a sauce-squirter from Ikea, which is right next to the exit, after the Security guys Very Happy
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

retro, cheap and effective... you should be able to get a set of these for a few quid.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are cool Face...and perfect for little hands.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Aja's Kitchen All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: