2009 - 2010 National Hockey League: Give blood, play hockey!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a good time Smile
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG I can't believe it..... the Leafs have WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just beat the Sens 5-0! Great to get the shutout on top of a 5 goal game. cheerleader

But why is it their coach, Ron Wilson, still looks like he's constipated? Confused
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool - that breaks the Senators' win streak! Love it!!

I braved the DC snowstorm and went to the Atlanta Thrashers v Capitals on Friday and had an excellent time.

Today, the Capitals beat the Pittsburgh Penguins in overtime for a 5-4 win. That elevates the Capitals winning streak to 14 in a row.

Now we must hope that our star players don't get injured during the Olympics!
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Cool - that breaks the Senators' win streak! Love it!!

I know--- breaking an 11 game win streak and getting a shut-out, all in one night! (That and Don Cherry had a decent jacket on for once Laughing)
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I have ever seen the words "Don Cherry" and "decent jacket" in the same sentence before!! We beat Calgary in OT on Saturday. My niece and I sat 3 rows off the ice right by the Lightning bench and had an awesome time. There was an obnoxious Flames fan sitting behind us and she was really dogging one of our players - it actually sounded kind of personal, like he had dumped her or something - but it was nice to shut her up. He got the assist on the OT goal. She and her friends kept saying "look at the score board" anytime anyone said anything to them and when that 2nd goal went in about 10 people whipped their heads around and shouted "LOOK AT THE SCOREBOARD" at them. I love it when horrible road fans are shut up by the team. They are still mad at us for 2004...

We play Vancouver tonight, so another round of "Oh Canada" (which I love) and hopefully some good hockey.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpursFan1902 wrote:
I don't think I have ever seen the words "Don Cherry" and "decent jacket" in the same sentence before!!

Honest to goodness, it's drapery material !!!

This one's for you, Spurs! Laughing

Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My office building is near a shopping mall and I walked past a touristy/sports store where I see T-shirts on display: "Washington Capitals - 2010 Southeast Division Champions". So my first thought was, as a bit of a superstitious sports fan, "WTF? Isn't this a bit early and presumptuous?"

But then I discover it's true -- 3 years in a row as Division Champions!

I just bought tickets to Game 2 of the Eastern Conf Quarterfinals (opponent to be determined).

Let's hope for a great playoff series this year and (sorry Sky) that Pittsburgh gets taken out early!
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just hoping that we MAKE the playoffs! Thanks for the YouTube eefan! That was awesome....
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Glad you liked it.

No way Toronto's making the playoffs - but I think that may change in the years to come with some of the newer players they got in the recent trade.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Kez, your Caps added another 2 last night at the expense of my Bolts...We didn't play badly and up against almost any other team, we would probably have won, but oh well. We certainly won't be 2nd to last in the league this season and that is an improvement over last season, so that's good.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two big wins for us...Carolina and Boston. 6 points away from Boston who is in 8th place...I sort of hope they don't make it as we won't make it out of the first round, but what ever happens will happen. 3 big injuries tonight too and Buffalo on Saturday @ Buffalo...eek!
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ EEfan: At least you're not an Edmonton fan! Actually, the Leafs have been gaining momentum; it will be interesting to see how they do next season.

@ Spurs: Carolina is really shaping up into a very good team -- just like the Leafs, a team to watch.

And hey, the Bolts beat the Caps just the week before (on 12 March) in DC (that's HUGE). Boston seems to be self-imploding, so you never know....

I will be cheering for both Toronto and Tampa Bay BIG TIME in the upcoming games vs Pitt!! game
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're right.... it will be interesting to see how the Leafs do next season. This is the first time in years that I think they might actually have a lot of potential---- not necessarily to win the cup right away, but a little light at the end of the tunnel Smile
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night was the Lightning's last home game against Florida and right now is their last game of the season at Florida (we are up 2-1). Steven Stamkos is 1 goal away from the Rocket Richard trophy. He got his 50th last night. Ovechkin has 50, but he is done. Crosby (I heard a little boy call him Cindy Crosby last night - I was amused...) has 49 and is playing at the same time that we are - I don't know if he has scored or not. Tanguay and Lecavillier scored ours. Stammer has had several good opportunities and fingers crossed he gets one today. I hate the end of the regular season, especially when we are not in the playoffs. Sad How many days until the 2010-2011 NHL Season??
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Steven and Sydney will be sharing the Richard...fair enough. 51 goals is a lot of goals and each one deserves it. A shinning star out of an otherwise dismal season.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: