2010 Winter Olympics
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, we are all looking forward to the big game!! All in red/white/blue waiting patiently. I noticed that disappointed silver winning thing in the womens curling too. The Swedes beat the Canadians and the Canadians looked like someone shot their collective puppies. YOU WON A SILVER MEDAL IN THE OLYMPICS PEOPLE!!!

I hope the game is a good one with lots of goals and physical play. I am with you eefan...may the best team win!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on the Canadians!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well that was a great game and a great result

I just heard that Canada have won more gold medals in these games than any other country ever... not bad at all!
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpursFan1902 wrote:
I noticed that disappointed silver winning thing in the womens curling too. The Swedes beat the Canadians and the Canadians looked like someone shot their collective puppies. YOU WON A SILVER MEDAL IN THE OLYMPICS PEOPLE!!!

I didn't see this game, but you're right...... if they looked that way, they shouldn't have. I think it's a downer to other athletes who may be extremely happy with any medal.

Quite happy about the Canadian gold in hockey --- but it was a nailbiter right to the end, indeed. A fast-paced, well played out game --- except I hate that ref McCready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@face--- yes, we've won the most gold medals of any host nation and the most gold medals in any winter olympics (at least until the next games Laughing)
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happened to the Russians this year? They used to be contenders in days of old.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know pirty --- although I'm guessing that Finland will be even stronger in the next winter Olympics. Who would have thought they'd place third in both men and women's hockey? I'm guessing they will develop their teams more in the next few years and will give us all an even bigger challenge.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love a good hockey game. That was an excellent game between Canada and the US.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kudos to Canada! It was an awesome game. I LOVE goals in the last 30 seconds...as long as they are for my team!! If we were going to lose the gold, at least is was to the only country that should beat everyone. It was an outstanding series and except for Sid the Squid scoring the winning goal (and the US getting the silver instead of the gold of course), I might almost say it was perfect!! ;) I am sorry to see the Olympics end...
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See ya in 2012!!!
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpursFan1902 wrote:
Kudos to Canada! It was an awesome game. I LOVE goals in the last 30 seconds...as long as they are for my team!! If we were going to lose the gold, at least is was to the only country that should beat everyone. It was an outstanding series and except for Sid the Squid scoring the winning goal (and the US getting the silver instead of the gold of course), I might almost say it was perfect!! ;) I am sorry to see the Olympics end...

Re: men's hockey final: I'm just coming out of mourning over that game ..... Sad

It was an excellent game and very exciting. But on behalf of all Washington Capitals fans, why did it have to be "Crysby" to score the winning goal!?!?!?

Congrats to Vancouver and all of Canada for putting on an excellent winter Olympics - well done!

So, anyone going to the London 2012 games? Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: