Super Bowl Sunday
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
luke

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll have to remember that one ... 'yeah, it came with the cable package' ... wink
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to the Steelers and their fans. I know how good it feels. Pirty, if you are driving into Tampa everyday for work, we must live fairly close to each other. I am in Tampa for every Lightning home game.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The parade today for the Steelers was insane. Helicopters everywhere. But there were no problems and the city just celebrated. The fans even had to be told it was time to go home Laughing
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, that is how it happened in Tampa. I was very proud of my city just as I am sure you are, Sky. No burning cars, no looting, no police cars dumped, just full out celebrations.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpursFan1902 wrote:
Congrats to the Steelers and their fans. I know how good it feels. Pirty, if you are driving into Tampa everyday for work, we must live fairly close to each other. I am in Tampa for every Lightning home game.

I've been dying to go to a Rangers vs Lightning game. I live in the Spring Hill area, but work in the BOA building. Hopefully I'll move closer once I get my hubby here. I may even sign a 6 or 9 month lease and take an apartment, not sure yet. The Lightning's forum is so close, is it easy to find parking over there? That was my biggest concern. I hope to check it out soon. I want to see if it has that same excitement I get at the Madison Square Garden in NYC :-)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently you won't get that same excitement because we suck, but when we are playing well, you can feel the electricity in the air. It is an awesome place! The parking is pretty easy to find, again, because we suck. It was still pretty easy to find even during the Stanley Cup run because there are so many parking garages and lots out there.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got to see the Pens and the Rangers play. Twas beauty in motion. Hoping to see the Mets play the Pirates this year.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
I got to see the Pens and the Rangers play. Twas beauty in motion. Hoping to see the Mets play the Pirates this year.

Awesome! I used to go watch the Mets play at Shea stadium with my friend from work. The fun starts with having a BBQ in the parking lot with some beers, and then some more beers in the stadium. It's just fun being at a live event. I won't watch baseball on tv at all. Well, that's not true, but I do get bored of it quite fast....lol! I like to play it and I'll watch the World Series, but.....that's it. lol! Hockey and Tennis is the only two sports I'll watch anywhere at anytime as well as on the boob tube.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockey is the only sport I can watch on tv as well. Everything else is far to slow for me.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is everyone excited about Superbowl Sunday tomorrow??? Huh??? Well??? I'll watch 'cuz it's the national buzz game of the year and because of the funny 3 million dollar commercials, but I'm not that arsed one way or the other. lol! If I had a Superbowl party to go to and if I had money on the game, it would be much more thrilling to me! Laughing Laughing
modern

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My money is on the New Orleans Saints. Bit gutted the Jets didn't make it...hopefully next year.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just noticed that the game's on here on BBC1. Just about to start - and on until 4am! Farkin ell

I'll give it a go though - my money's on whoever's wearing the greenest costume haha
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not watching it here..... watching a 2hr Smallville episode instead. Never could get into the football thing even when I lived in the US.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, well I'm in for the duration I think - and in the absence of green, I decided not to support the blue ones... haha

And now New Orleans have gone in the lead. 'Mon the Saints!
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm watching a Korean drama instead, but I do pop into the living room every so often to see what's what with the game....lol!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: