Football clubs going bust

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:16 pm    Post subject: Football clubs going bust Reply with quote

I just saw on the news that Palace have been placed in administration - which basically means they're broke. I've a cousin who's a big fan, so I reckon he'll be pretty pissed off.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Portsmouth website goes offline over unpaid bill
Portsmouth's official website has been taken offline because of the club's failure to maintain payments to their service provider.
By John Ley
28 Jan 2010

Although the Premier League have cleared Portsmouth to sign players in the window, albeit only loans and free transfers, the club are still struggling financially, as witnessed by the current status of www.portsmouthfc.co.uk .A club spokesman said: "Our website is down because the club has failed to keep to the payment plan agreed with our service provider."

The Portsmouth Supporters Trust has responded almost immediately to the website problems, to help supporters clamouring for FA Cup tickets for the fifth round tie at neighbours Southampton, by offering to run any club ticket information on their new website www.pompeytrust.com

Meanwhile, Tottenham are in talks with Portsmouth and hope to take former defender Younes Kaboul back to White Hart Lane, while Eidur Gudjohnsen has been at the Spurs' training ground ahead of a loan move. Portsmouth are still hoping to take Jamie O’Hara, the Tottenham midfielder, back on loan, and that is looking more likely after Gudjohnsen moved within sight of completing his loan transfer from Monaco to White Hart Lane. The 31-year-old former Chelsea and Barcelona forward, a target for West Ham, has passed a medical and agreed terms and has just to sign the formalities to become a Spurs player ahead of the visit to Birmingham.

-----------------

How come these biggish clubs can fail? They're getting millions in TV money every year while small clubs in lower divisions will always be ok because of their fanbases. Maybe it's the amount of fans that's the problem - lots of people only support the bigger clubs because of wanting to be a part of their success, so maybe that's it.
luke

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've had to take peoples web sites offline before when they haven't paid - one client who really pissed me about, they'd say they were going to send payment then never did, delayed for ages, they finally sent me a cheque that appeared to clear, then bounced a few days after, i took their site down with a message spelling out they hadn't paid their bills Laughing
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wages. chelsea with all it's tv money, advertising, hotels blahdeblah still managed a loss of 42 million last year.

better than the 66 mil the year before that and the 80 mil previous to that.

Abramovich lost a palfrey 24.5 bn.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: