2009 - 2010 National Hockey League: Give blood, play hockey!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to Great Britain for winning the IIHF World U20 Division II Championship, held in Debrecen, Hungary 13 Dec 2009 - 19 December 2009! Great Britain is promoted to the 2011 IIHF World U20 Championship Div I.

http://www.icehockeyuk.co.uk/
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good god, that logo is the Scottish 'Lion Rampant' with the British flag over it! The symbolism hurts my brain!

I think that's probably got to do with as far as I know, the Scottish teams are the best. Though I might be thinking of basketball... haha
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We solidly beat the Pens yesterday (sorry Sky!) and it felt good. The one and only downside to living in Florida is that everyone is from somewhere else and tend to go back to supporting their home team when they come down and during the holidays people plan their vacations around their team playing ours, so the last couple of games have been 70% visiting fans. It was nice to send all of those Pens fans home with a loss!
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As usual, the Leafs lost last night... so nothing new there.

We've been enjoying some of the IIHF hockey games and just finished watching Canada beat the Swiss--- finals here we come!!! Smile
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are currently losing to the Sabres 5-3 with 5mins left in the second. So much for our goalie, Mike Smith, being the second star of the NHL for last week. Must have gone to his head! Laughing
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
As usual, the Leafs lost last night... so nothing new there.

We've been enjoying some of the IIHF hockey games and just finished watching Canada beat the Swiss--- finals here we come!!! Smile

Don't want to start an international incident, but how about the IIHF Final? USA gets the Gold!! Woot! thumbs

I went to the Ottawa Senators - Washington Capitals game last night and had a blast (thanks to a Caps win). And staying with the Canadian theme, the next game I'm going to is Friday 15 Jan v The Maple Leafs. That will be INTENSE -- it's always crazy when the Leafs are in DC.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoy the game on the 15th, Kez--- INTENSE is always good when it comes to hockey.

BTW, disappointed we didn't win the World Jr's, but it was some good hockey and that's what counts Smile (but I admit I would have been much happier with a win!)
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Spurs: Well, the TB Lightning kicked the Caps' arses last week (Jan 12, 2010), no denying that. But did you see the fight at the end of the game? Dang, I've never seen Ovechkin throw down his gloves like that - then Matt Bradley comes charging in swinging at Downie. AWESOME!! Razz

Here's the video from hockeyfights.com:

I also admit that the aforementioned website is one of my guilty pleasures. shhh Embarassed
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did see it...I saw it as it happened! Very nice...I like the fights too and now that you have shared that website, it will be one of my guilty pleasures too! We pulled out one against Toronto (sorry, eefan!) and hopefully we can do the same against Atlanta tonight. We hate Atlanata.... GO BOLTS!!!
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leafs are playing Florida tonight.... amazingly boring so far......... just can't get into the game tonight for some reason. Sad
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are tied at 1 with Craplanta....the days events got the best of me and so I didn't actually go, but we are watching on TV....GO BOLTS...GO LEAFS...beat those stinkin' panthers...
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to the Caps game last night v the Anaheim Ducks - the 3rd period was intense but the Caps came out ahead! Woot!

More hockey this weekend, only it will be of the "Pee Wee" type: I'm going into "Hockey Aunt" mode to see my nephews play. I'm looking forward to hearing my younger sister scream at the opposing team: "HEY! Get off of my nephew, punk!!" Laughing Oh, the boys love hearing that (NOT). crazed
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha, sounds a good time Kezza
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kezza wrote:
More hockey this weekend, only it will be of the "Pee Wee" type: I'm going into "Hockey Aunt" mode to see my nephews play. I'm looking forward to hearing my younger sister scream at the opposing team: "HEY! Get off of my nephew, punk!!" Laughing Oh, the boys love hearing that (NOT). crazed

Hope you cheered them on and didn't embarass them too much Smile

So, if you're a "Hockey Aunt" do you have the big round "photograph" button/badge that you wear on your winter coat? Those things are so popular here, it's easy to spot a hockey family from a mile away Laughing
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well spotted, eefan! Guilty as charged - LOL!

Actually my nephews purchased this for me while at a tournament in Ottawa last year and yes, it's pinned to the lapel of my coat:

Photobucket

And best of all, the boys' team won their game! It's so much fun to watch them - you just have to block out the screams of the over-enthusiastic (a polite euphemism for 'psycho-out-of-control') parents because these are kids, after all and it's supposed to be fun. So a great weekend for my family!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: