India's Celeb Big Brother to have no rumpy-pumpy!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: India's Celeb Big Brother to have no rumpy-pumpy! Reply with quote

India to get 'chaste' Big Brother

An Indian version of Celebrity Big Brother will come with a ban on "hanky panky," producers say. "Participants will be told to keep their hands to themselves," a spokeswoman for production company Endemol India told BBC News. "India is a conservative society and is not ready for the raunchy scenes that so characterise the programmes in the West," she continued.

Up to 12 contestants will take part in the programme at the end of the year. The show's producers say they want to attract celebrities from Bollywood, cricket and Indian TV to live in the Big Brother house for three months. Both Muslims and Hindus could be chosen but issues between religions would not be discussed on the programme, said managing director of Endemol India, Rajesh Kamat.

Unlike other versions of Big Brother, the Indian incarnation will not broadcast live, in order to avoid untoward scenes being shown. India is still a relatively conservative society. Very few couples live together before marriage, and intimate acts, such as kissing, are never seen on TV screens.

However, soaps regularly feature storylines about infidelity and pregnancy out of wedlock.

---------------

3 months for the celebrity version? that's some going!
lilycup

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: India's Celeb Big Brother to have no rumpy-pumpy! Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
However, soaps regularly feature storylines about infidelity and pregnancy out of wedlock.

Lol, for some reason that just made me laugh. Good old soapland.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like India BB will be a snoozefest.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope it's not the muppets I've hired to do work for me. If I spot them in the house there's going to be shitloads of trouble I tells ye! I'll go in and give them all spanish fly and get them at each other like mad dogs, then I'll feed the yokes pork! Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> General TV All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: