2009 - 2010 National Hockey League: Give blood, play hockey!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope I have never heard that. I know that in Dallas they scream "Stars" when stars are mentioned in the song, so I guess if you can adapt the song to your team....We just sing it.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never heard it either..... but then again, us Canadians say "eh" in front of everything Laughing
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woot!! Just got home from attending the Capitals Home Opening Game. Final score: Caps 6, Toronto Maple Leafs 4 (sorry eefan....well, sort of Cool ). Great night and hopefully many more wins to come. Dang, I had a sh***load of a great time: I am sooooo glad that hockey is back!!! dancer no1
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well not such a great time here in Tampa. Lightning lost to Atlanta...they scored 6, we scored 3...that's not enough. Not quite the start we had hoped for, but it is only the first of 80 games, so ... but I sure hate dropping points in my own division. I only saw parts of the game while I was at the Metallica show last night (they were awesome, but we watched hockey during the opening bands. They were not so awesome!) Glad Carolina lost...

Having said all of that....were there any goalies in attendance in the NHL last night? Have you seen some of the scores? All of them in the 4,5,6 goal range. Did they change some rule I wasn't aware of? Are there no offsides now? Laughing
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kezza wrote:
Woot!! Just got home from attending the Capitals Home Opening Game. Final score: Caps 6, Toronto Maple Leafs 4 (sorry eefan....well, sort of Cool ). Great night and hopefully many more wins to come. Dang, I had a sh***load of a great time: I am sooooo glad that hockey is back!!! dancer no1

I don't think you're sorry at all Laughing i watched some of the first period but we ended up switching to something else, and kind of flipped back and forth to the game. Regardless of who wins or loses, you're right, it's great to have hockey back Smile
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto! I love having hockey back. We play tonight, I think at Carolina, but it is not televised (not sure how we have away games that are not on TV, but there you have it...) and our home opener is Thursday. Fingers crossed...
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We beat those Stinkin' Panthers tonight!! HOO RAY!!! I hate them with an Arsenal type hatred. We played like crap and still beat them.

@ Kez...sorry about your game tonight (only sorry for you, not sorry that it was a divisional loss... ) NJD did it to us too. When is Marty Brodeur going to start aging and slowing down?

And what happened to Calgary tonight? Gave up a 5 goal lead to lose 6-5 to Chicago??? Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining, I like the Hawks and am glad they won, but to score 5 goals in the first period and then lose the game is quite beyond me. I hope that the Canadians that think that the Flames should have won the cup instead of us are looking at that!!
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta give props to Brodeur: he's a vet that is still going strong.

I actually was at that game on Mon 12 October (Devils v Capitals). Whenever I see a Devils game, I can't help but remember the "Seinfeld" episode where Elaine's boyfriend, David Puddy ("the face-painting mechanic") paints his face in support of the New Jersey Devils ("We're the Devils! We're the Devils!"). AND the Puddy character wore a Brodeur sweater as well!!

The Caps have got to get a better defense in place if they expect to go anywhere this season -- can't rely on offense alone. AND tonight's game v the Nashville Predators (I'm still a bit dumbfounded that Nashville has a hockey team) went to overtime AND a shootout again: only this time the Capitals won tonight.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to give props to Marty Brodeur as well. I've seen him do some amazing things. He's stopped my Rangers cold many a time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We fell to Sky's Pens last night and fell hard. 4-1...and according to the St Pete Times, if the Pens had been interested in the slightest way at playing us, it would have 6 or 7 -1. Not sure what happens to us...we run so hot and cold. It's early days yet and I am not going to get to worried, but I just hate when we lose. Sad
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh...we lost to the Sabres with 30 SECONDS LEFT IN THE GAME!!!! I am SO tired of these late, game losing goals. Lightning if you are listening: THE GAME IS 60 MINS -- PLAY ALL OF THEM!!! Sorry for yelling....
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another damn OT loss...to the Sens. The fact that we are getting points out of these losses may be the only thing that saves us from being second to last in the league again...we may end up 4th from last this year...I am just so disgusted with them. I am glad that they are not at home until the 12th...if they were here sooner, I might actually throw something at them! Grrrr...
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll notice I'm not even mentioning the Leafs.... doing horrible this year!!! Sad
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor eefan...I feel your pain...
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly spurs, I can barely stand to watch anymore on Saturday night...... missing "Hockey Night in Canada" on a Saturday is practically against the law Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: