Zombies
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Zombies Reply with quote

This is an excellent wee game that should keep you going for ages - great graphics and sounds and watch out for that Zomboni!
download 27mb rar
funkyfunkpants

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SquareEyes

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Face - Do you share my zombie passion? Play L4D?
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zombies are great, no doubt there!

I've no idea what L4D is though
funkyfunkpants

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Left 4 Dead

Not played it myself but it looks alot of fun, I like that sort of game where you have to work as a team. L4D2 is on its way so I will wait for that.

SquareEyes - Do you play this online?
SquareEyes

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I play it on-line, usually very badly Smile.

That vid is from the XBox version. The PC version is better.

The release date for L4D2 is 17Nov. If you pre-purchase on Steam it's 10% off and you get an "exclusive" melee baseball bat weapon (and early access to the demo). Even with 10% off it's not cheap - 34.19 Euros, or you can buy L4D1 & 2 together for 49.98.

L4D2 has made a lot of people in the community very angry. It's coming out just 12 months after L4D1 and many think that Valve are taking the piss, as it doesn't seem to be very different from the first game, which they promised to support for years. Many feel that this should have been downloadable content for L4D1 (even if not free DLC) rather than a new, full-price game, and that it will split the community. There are schemes to boycott buying it.
funkyfunkpants

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best Approach for Avoiding Zombies:
If trapped by the staggering undead, physics could help

When Woody Harrelson escapes the living dead in the new movie Zombieland, should he head for the hills or the mall? A recently published research paper suggests that he's probably better off hiding in the mall to save his delicious brain.

The world is full of things that move in zombie-like fashion, such as particles flowing through a turbulent fluid or the unpredictable price changes of the stock market, so physicists seek insight into this behavior by creating so called "random walking" models. Physicist Davide Cassi at the Università di Parma in Italy looked at how long an entity hiding in a complex structure could survive if being pursued by predatory random walkers. Cassi's paper, recently published in the journal Physical Review E, is the first to describe a general principle of a prey’s likelihood to survive over time while hiding in an irregular structure.

Although the paper itself does not specifically refer to fleeing from zombies, it describes "the survival probability of immobile targets annihilated by random walkers." The conclusions suggest that the people trapped in a mall in Dawn of the Dead may be better off than the folks stuck in a farmhouse in Night of the Living Dead.

Cassi found that the likelihood of survival when threatened by predatory random walkers is closely related to how complex the prey’s hideout is. The more twists and turns, the safer you'll be. In structures that are highly complex and irregular, the chances of the predator coming into contact with its target shrinks down to almost zero.

Cassi formulates a model to describe the behavior of randomly moving particles as they travel through maze-like networks. He said that his work could apply to a wide variety of situations including the distribution of information through the internet and medicine spreading through the human body.

"There are a lot of applications of these results in a lot of fields of sciences," Cassi said. "The most amazing field of applications of these results are in biology, biochemistry and other organisms."

So remember, when the zombies come, flee to the biggest shopping mall you can find and remember that, using zombie movies as a guide, the undead often win.
SquareEyes

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watched a telesync of Zombieland (I normally don't bother, but read it was reasonable quality). Quality of image was mediocre. Sound was fine. Film - 10/10! This is one of my fave films ever. I want to see this at the cinema, and will buy it on DVD.

Think of a cross between Natural Born Killers, Fight Club and (especially in the last 20 mins) Left 4 Dead...

Lovely!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ended up downloading a surprisingly good quality version of it and thought it was a good bit of fun.

I'd say Dead Set is the best recent zombie flick though.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.zombiepinups.com/gallery/

Phwooar! Laughing
SquareEyes

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eww... that was just Pervy
Stones

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha, love the zombie calender. And just so you all know, I could kick any of your asses and anyone elses in a zombie attck.
SquareEyes

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right... OK, so the next zombie attack that happens here, I'll PM you for assistance

victory slap
Stones

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I guess we could all band together. I've just watched Land of the Dead, I think I'm going to need some weapons for the next zombie attack. shake hands
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: