Heartbreak Hockey 2009
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.cricket20.com

The big difference between it and test cricket is that there is a limited amount of balls bowled. There's 6 balls in an over, so each team gets 120 bowls. In the Test Match version the game can go on for days, but this version is all done in a couple of hours.

It gets genuinely tight and exciting.
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - I'll check it out!!
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that is some sports analysis, Kez...and right on. I think that football (football = football, the other one is American football) will never catch on here for on simple reason... there is no stoppage in play for commercials. Advertisers have to go for 45+ mins with out a commercial. In America??? Won't ever happen. We tried the little adds in the corner of the screen and that wasn't enough. It infuriates me. I hate all the standing around in American Football (not to mention the fact that you can't use your foot to move the ball in FOOTBALL -- stupid) and the fact that there are so many commercials tht it takes 3 hours to play a 60 min game.

Face- I may have to try cricket. I watched the very first time I went to England (uh, somewhere around 1977..) and at tea time everyone just walked off the oval and the camera just stayed on the empty playing field for like 30ish mins waiting for them to have tea! It was one of the funniest things I have ever seen! I may give it another try....
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:55 am    Post subject: Leave Sidney Crosby Alone! Reply with quote

From the Washington Capitals message boards, via the "Detroit Free Press:"

"Leave Sidney Crosby Alone!" Game

This is friggin' hilarious. Click your mouse around the image for a variety of responses. My faves are the referee crying and the comment regarding the NHL's revenue streams - priceless! cheeky

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Source: http://www.freep.com/article/20090602/BLOG2401/90602068

SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it looks like it worked. Congrats to the Pens and their fans!! Don't know if you count yourself as a fan, Sky, but congrats if you do. Pittsburgh must be rocking today.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, I am not in Pittsburgh at the moment. But from reports from home, it's a happening place indeed. First the Super Bowl and now this. I am hoping that if there is a victory parade (and I am thinking there surely will be) that it will be after this Wednesday when I get back.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to the Tampa Bay Lightning's Prospect's Scrimmage and Skills Competition. It was an event to show off the new players and give them a chance to show us their hockey stuff. It was fun. I was VERY happy indeed to be in the Forum again. Not to beat a dead horse, but I HATE THE OFF SEASON!! It was just a little teaser...hockey won't start until October and footy doesn't start until the end of August. I hope I make it...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spurs, did you get to see any of the confederation cup that was in South Africa? It ended up with the USA in the final. So it's clearly some kind of wacky joke thing... haha

http://www.fifa.com/confederationscup/index.html
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are such a funny guy, Face! We had complete coverage here and I watched most of it. We did quite well, thank you very much. I even thought we played well against Brazil. I never thought we would win, so being up 2-0 at the half was pretty exciting! It was a good first half...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember thinking the same about Scotland when they played Brazil in the opening game of the '98 world cup. Scotland scored first - then got hammered.

Those bastard Brazilians with their skill and their pace...
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
Those bastard Brazilians with their skill and their pace...

And their diving! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: