Fecking Twitter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just realised the value of twitter. As a test I posted a video link on it and within seconds there were 18 hits from every major search engine. In the past you had to spend hours or pay handsomely for sites to do that.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Teenagers do not use Twitter," he wrote. "Most have signed up to the service, but then just leave it as they realise that they are not going to update it (mostly because texting Twitter uses up credit, and they would rather text friends with that credit). They realise that no one is viewing their profile, so their tweets are pointless."

------------------

From this article, we can see that this kid has no friends who care what he thinks and that his parents won't give him a contract phone! I've got a whole 14 follwers on there now, and only 3 of those are spammers... result!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to this NONSENSE, the couchtripper feed is only 1% hetero!

*note to self, must mention more about tits in twits.
luke

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lettings agent sues ex-tenant over Twitter complaint
Horizon Group Management seeking at least $50,000 from Amanda Bonnen over tweet about 'mouldy apartment'
David Batty
guardian.co.uk,
29 July 2009

A Chicago lettings agency is suing a former tenant for at least $50,000 (£30,000) after she complained on Twitter about mould in her apartment. Horizon Group Management filed the lawsuit against Amanda Bonnen on Monday in response to what it claimed was her "false and defamatory" message on the microblogging site. The tweet, posted on 12 May on Bonnen's since-discontinued account @abonnen, said: "Who said sleeping in a mouldy apartment was bad for you? Horizon Realty thinks it's okay."

In its suit filed in the Cook county circuit court, the company claimed her post "maliciously and wrongfully" condemned her apartment and their service. It said the tweet was published "throughout the world" and severely damaged its good name. Jeff Michael, whose family runs Horizon, told the Chicago Sun-Times: "The statements are obviously false, and it's our intention to prove that." He said the company never had a conversation with Bonnen about the post and never asked her to take it down. "We're a sue first, ask questions later kind of an organisation," he told the paper.

The lawsuit has provoked a backlash against Horizon on Twitter and the wider blogosphere. Horizon Group management has become one of the most searched and discussed subjects on Twitter, with posters criticising the company for its legal action and arguing it had made a major PR blunder.

Twitter user charlesthomas wrote: "So Bravo to you, Horizon Group Management! You damaged your rep far more than @abonnen ever could." Another poster, jvandeboom, tweeted: "What a PR failure by Horizon Group Management ... Makes me believe the mould claims even more." Many say that since Bonnen's Twitter account had just over 20 followers before it was deleted, Horizon has generated far more bad publicity for its service than her tweet ever could have done.

The overwhelmingly critical response led the company to issue a statement defending its legal action. Michael denied that his comment about suing first and asking questions later was meant seriously. "I would first like to take this opportunity to apologise for tongue in cheek comments that were made previously regarding our approach to litigation. This statement is not in line with our philosophy towards property management and was taken out of context." He said the company's legal action followed a class-action lawsuit filed against it by Bonnen for allegedly violating Chicago leasing rules by not paying tenants interest on security deposits and failing to provide warnings about overloading porches. Michael said Bonnen's lawsuit was "completely baseless".

The statement acknowledged that her apartment "was one of several that experienced an overnight leak during roof repairs in late March 2009 caused by an error made by an external contractor". He said all tenant grievances in respect to the problem were "quickly and amicably resolved, except Ms Bonnen's".

---------------------

Any court would throw this out I'm sure - if she only had 20 followers then the potential loss of business to the company is insignificant. What a bunch of arseholes "Horizon Group Management" are. Anyone who rents from them now must be stupid. Clearly they care more about their reputation than their properties - there's nothing new in that though, scumbag landlords are the same the world over.

Let's see if they'll try and sue me for that.
reject

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: Potty mouth dave on twitter Reply with quote

"No I'm not. I'm not on Twitter. I think that politicians do have to think what we say, and I think the trouble with Twitter (is) the instantness of it -- too many twits might make a twat," he told Absolute Radio.

A short time later he compounded the problem when talking about the public perception of politicians here, which has plummeted to a new low following a recent scandal over parliamentary expenses.

"The public are rightly, I think, pissed off -- sorry I can't say that in the morning -- angry with politicians," he said.

dave = leader ot the tories
steveekay

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i find the fact that you can't instant message on there makes it rather pointless to me. i'll stick to facebook.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steveekay wrote:
i find the fact that you can't instant message on there makes it rather pointless to me. i'll stick to facebook.

You can send private messages on there. I mean if you are comparing it to facebook, then why not also say you would rather stick to texting. As even if you are on facebook and the person you want to IM isn't on, you can't IM them. Just like on Yahoo, AIM and all other instant messengers. Texting them would then be the answer.
Twitter is a good way to use "multi-instant messaging" just like status updates on FB or My Space. You can also get your message out to others who aren't on your friends page. (Unlike FB)
I've needed info recently on getting a new bike and have gotten helpful replies from people I don't know and will probably never have any contact with ever again.
While they are similar concepts between FB and twitter for social networking, they aren't entirely comparable as their purposes are different. But if I want to get a message out to a broader audience I use twitter as only my friends on FB will see the status update. And if I want to IM someone on twitter, I do it by using the @ symbol like everyone else and only the person whom I want to get the message will get it.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twitter goes does down after 'co-ordinated attack'
Twitter has gone down after the social networking website became the victim of what the company believes was a co-ordinated attack.
06 Aug 2009

A message posted on the Twitter blog said the short messaging site was the target of a "denial of service attack". It said: "Attacks such as this are malicious efforts orchestrated to disrupt and make unavailable services such as online banks, credit card payment gateways, and in this case, Twitter for intended customers or users." The blog post added that Twitter was defending against the attack.

It was not clear exactly when the site went down, but it appeared to have become unavailable from mid-afternoon in the UK. A message appeared on the site's status blog later in the afternoon, saying the site was back up - although it still appeared to be inaccessible.

-----------------

oh noes, the internet's broked!
Sera_6969

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The internets

I'll fix them!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Colston

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My poor cat got more than he bargained for when hit tried to 'fix' the wire on the back of my TV.

Cured his epilepsy though. ;-)
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mother sparks outrage by tweeting as rescue workers try to save dying two-year-old son
17th December 2009

A mother has sparked outrage in the U.S. by tweeting as rescue workers tried to save her dying two-year-old son. As paramedics tried to revive the toddler after he was found floating face down in a swimming pool, Shellie Ross sent out a message on the micro blogging site.

Thirty-four minutes after paramedics arrived at Ms Ross's Florida home, she posted a tweet saying, 'Please pray like never before, my 2 yr old fell in the pool.' Five hours later, when her son was pronounced dead, she again took to the Twitter site to update her her 5,000 followers. Moments later she posted a photo of her son on the site.

Her use of Twitter as her son lay dying provoked outrage among the blogging community in the U.S. Police in Florida said they were aware of the tweets and would be looking into them as part of their investigation into the drowning.

Ms Ross's public announcement of her son's death prompted anger from fellow bloggers and Twitter users. Many were shocked that she chose to use the social networking site to reveal something so deeply personal. 'The first thing I thought when I saw the tweet was that it was very sad,' said Madison McGraw. 'But then I thought, "Who would tweet that her son just drowned?" I couldn't believe it. The person that I have compassion for is her son, who might still be alive if [Ms Ross] interacted with her son like she interacted with people on Twitter. To me, that shows the repercussions for social media gone awry.'

Ms Ross, who used the tweet name of 'Military-Mom', had sent out a message at 5.22pm on Monday which read: 'Fog is rolling in thick scared the birds back in the coop.' A minute later police in Mirrett Island, Florida, said they received an emergency call saying Ms Ross's two -year-old son Bryson was floating unconscious in their pool.

Records show that the Brevard County Fire-Rescue paramedics arrived at Ms Ross's home at 5.38 pm. At 6.12 pm, Ms Ross tweeted again. 'Please pray like never before, my 2 yr old fell in the pool.' Nearly five hours later, after her son had been pronounced dead, Ms Ross tweeted again. 'Remembering my million dollar baby,' she wrote. Ms Ross included a photo of Bryson in the post, time-stamped at 11.08 pm. A few minutes later, she posted another photo of her son.

The Brevard County Sheriff's office said Ms Ross's 11-year-old son had called emergency services. He had been cleaning out a chicken coop with his mother while his toddler brother played in the garden. Police spokesman Lieutenant Bruce Barnett said Ms Ross had asked her older son to turn off a hose inside the pool enclosure but the gate behind him did not close properly.

'When Ross finished cleaning she went inside and was looking for the two-year-old, who she thought was with her 11-year-old, and wasn't able to find him and started to panic,' he said. 'That's when she found him floating.'

Lt Barnett said Ms Ross said her son was in the water for 'maybe five minutes' and performed CPR on her son before paramedics arrived. Ms Ross defended the use of Twitter to announce her son's death. 'Nobody has a right to question why,' she tweeted. 'I didn't tweet-by-tweet the accident.' She also wrote: 'I was outside with him and it took two seconds for him to slip away.'

Ms Ross, who is in her 30s, was a regular blogger on the site Momdot.com where she worked as an administrator. Trisha Haas, who founded the site, said Ms Ross wanted her online friends to know what was going on. She added that there was nothing wrong in her tweeting about her son. 'She twitters a lot and was very good close friends with people in the blogging community,' said Ms Haas.

Ms Ross and her husband Steven, who is in the Air Force, have said they want to be left alone to mourn their son. 'He was full of life and commanded attention in a room when he entered it,' she said.

-----------------

Much as I hate to defend anyone who uses militarism to identify themselves, I don't really see anything wrong with what she did.
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neither do I, a decade ago she might've phoned someone, now she reaches upto 5,000 folk with a 5 second message ..
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What??????? Am I the only one on here that thinks this bitch is off her nut? Personally, I might make a call maybe to my husband or an immediate family member, but that would be the end of a phone call. I'd be way too out of my mind at the loss of the child to call anyone else, let alone go on the computer and tweet. I don't think she did anything criminally wrong obviously, but that just takes the cake.

Of course she's from Florida. Aren't all the flaming fucknuts living in this state??????? Wait a minute, I need a hair pulling smiley.... Mad Mad Mad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: