Red Dwarf

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Red Dwarf Reply with quote

faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red Dwarf returns with hour-long DVD special

Red Dwarf is poised to return after ten years for a one-off special. Robert Llewellyn, who played android Kryten in the cult hit, has announced that BBC Worldwide has commissioned a one-off 60-minute episode. The script will be filmed in October for release on DVD next year.

At an event to mark the 20th anniversary of Seattle TV station KCTS9, Llewellyn revealed that creators Rob Grant and Doug Naylor are working on a script, but did not reveal any details of the storyline. There is also no word on whether the full cast of Craig Charles, Chris Barrie and Danny John-Jules and either Norman Lovett or Hattie Hayridge as computer Holly would be returning.

---------------

I'm pretty sure if this is genuine that almost all of the other cast members would be into it - though considering all the previous rumours about a movie and the stage show I'll not be holding my breath...
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVED Red Dwarf! I hope that this comes to fruition, I would buy it in a heartbeat!!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad Cat
John-Jules sentenced to community service

Red Dwarf star Danny John-Jules has been sentenced 120 hours community service for assaulting two binmen. The 48-year-old actor, who played Cat, had previously been found guilty of attacking father and son Jan and Jaroslaw Lisiecki. District Judge Margot Coleman, told John-Jules at Brent Magistrates' Court, in north west London: ‘This was an ugly incident.’

At the earlier hearing, the court heard how John-Jules threw punches and kicks at the pair after they refused to empty his recycling bin because it contained polystyrene. He was said to have attacked them outside his house in Kensal Rise wearing just a dressing gown and his wife's slippers,

The actor’s lawyer, Laurence Kench, told the court the actor did not accept the earlier guilty verdict. John-Jules told reporters outside the court: ‘I’m going to sleep well tonight, community service or no community service. There's nothing like a clear conscience. Do you think anybody in their right mind would offer their DNA up for analysis if they had been thrashing two Polish guys up and down the street. Nobody seems to be smelling the coffee here, everybody seems to be on an agenda of fantasy. I've been doing community service for over 30 years, this is just another day. I’ve been in showbusiness 30 years, I've never had an article written about anything good that I’ve done.’

John-Jules had been accused of going berserk with a 16-inch knife, but magistrates found no evidence of this. The judge also ordered him to pay £350 towards costs and £75 compensation to each victim.

--------------------

This doesn't ring true for me at all.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red Dwarf cast land on Coronation Street to abduct Craig Charles
by Andy Johnson.
02 Feb 2009
clickliverpool.com

Awooga awooga... There was a Red Dwarf alert on Coronation Street as the cast returned to Earth in a special Starbug Smart Car to abduct Lister from Weatherfield. Its famous cobbled streets have witnessed many strange sights over the years, but perhaps none as bizarre as the arrival of the hit sci-fi comedy.

More than a decade has past since they were last seen on screen, but a huge buzz is surrounding the cast of the award-winning show who will be reunited for an Easter two-part special. Bosses at Corrie have allowed Craig Charles who plays last surviving human Dave Lister, now also known to millions as cabbie Lloyd Mullaney, limited time off to film the comeback.

Sources on The Street suggest that is why the Red Dwarf cast spent a day filming a spoof abduction at Granada TV in Manchester. Although the storyline is under wraps, there is speculation that it features a search for Lister, with the Red Dwarf crew finding him in the Rovers Return. Or will it turn out to be Lloyd the cabbie?

You could forgive the Rovers regulars for thinking they'd had one pint of Newton and Ridley too many when they spotted Robert Llewlyn in his full on Kryten make up pop in for a pint. Red Dwarf anoraks will forgive us for putting in this famous Kryten quote from series 3... 'a pub? Ah yes, a meeting place where humans attempt to achieve advanced forms of mental incompetence through the repeated consumption of fermented vegtable drinks.'

We can't wait to see it.

Also spotted during filming was Craig's Corrie co-star Simon Gregson, who plays Streetcars co-owner Steve McDonald along with returning Red Dwarf favourites Chris Barrie as hologram Arnold Rimmer. Parked outside the Street's No 12 was a futuristic jet car - Starbug 1, which may leave Corrie mechanic Kevin Webster scratching his head. Craig said: "I can't really give the storyline away but it's a fantastic one."

The two-part story sees the crew 10 years on from where they left off, with a 'shock development' which has thrown them Back to Earth for digital TV station Dave. Originally screened on BBC2 from 1988, a total of eight series were made, along with several specials, winning a global army of fans. Also marking the show's 21st anniversary, the new episodes will be accompanied by an improvised live show and a behind-the-scenes documentary.

------------------
Twirley

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG - this looks like it will e great! Can't wait for April. Thanks for letting us know about this, Face. Oooh, I can hear the theme music now....! Ha ha ha.
SquareEyes

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to bump this, but Norman Lovett, presumably in the foreground there, seems to have let himself go a bit 'Crying' ... He should have stuck to the holograms, rather than the Hard-Light Drives 'Sad'

Still, he looks a bossy old twat, so no change there then :p

(OK - I know it's not really Norman & I love him really, although was disturbed to read on head how shite he can be IRL on stage - never had the opportunity to see him)
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red Dwarf WILL return
The Cat's out the bag...
chortle.co.uk

Red Dwarf has been commissioned for a new series, star Craig Charles has revealed. Speculation has long been rife that the sci-fi comedy would return – especially following the success of the three-part comeback special Back to Earth on Dave in 2009.

And although the cast had been sworn to secrecy, Charles, who played Dave Lister for 11 years until the original series was axed by the BBC in 1999, broke the news in a radio interview. He told Real Radio: ‘[Back To Earth] got more viewers than BBC2 and Channel 4 combined on the night, which is really good. So they've just commissioned another series of Red Dwarf.’

Filming starts in November, with Chris Barrie as Rimmer, Danny John-Jules as Cat and Robert Llewellyn as Krtyen. ‘We've got to recapture the highlights, like series five or six,’ Charles said. ‘If we can hit that mark, then brilliant. There's no point doing it if it's so-so.’

On his blog, Llewellyn said that writer Doug Naylor had sworn all the cast to secrecy. He added: ‘So yes, we are making a new series, commissioned by Dave, not a special or a movie or a one off dooberry. A full six half-hour episodes of a brand new series. The plan at the moment, and this could change, the plan is that we record the new series in front of an audience.’

However, he added that producers feared too much spoiler information about the show could leak out over the internet if it was recorded with an audience.
SquareEyes

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so excited, all 6 of my nipples are tingling...waaaaaarrrr
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red Dwarf X - Trailers

4 weeks and counting...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Barrie explains how he can play all of the show’s characters
Neela Debnath
independent.co.uk
16th October 2012

Red Dwarf star Chris Barrie has said that he can play all four of the main characters on the show. Speaking at a recent convention, The Entertainment and Media show, Barrie along with co-stars Craig Charles and Robert Llewellyn were quizzed by fans. One of the questions that came up was which other character from the show would they most like to play.

Charles, who plays the show’s resident layabout Dave Lister, was quick off the mark and said: ‘Chris can play us all. He can do us all – the whole thing’.

Barrie replied in typical Rimmer fashion; ‘Well I can actually,’ before proceeding to imitate each of the characters in turn. After his impression, Charles simply said: ‘I don’t know why we bother turning up’. Barrie went onto explain that he was a ‘natural’ to play the Cat, but would like to play Kryten because of the dialogue, ‘I don’t think I could justice to some of Lister’s stuff’.

Charles said that he would like to be Kryten, ‘only because it would stop him from moaning about the mask for a week’. ‘I’m trying to get Doug [Naylor] to write an episode where Kryten has a dream where he’s the only human and me, Rimmer and Cat are all robots – but only for one week not for 20 years,’ Charles added.

Llewellyn said that he could not play anyone else, explaining that he could ‘barely do Kryten’, although he would like to try the Rimmer salute. In response to Llewellyn, Charles said; ‘I reckon you could be a sucker for a mixed raced Scouse smeg head. I think you could pull that off with aplomb – you’re very working-class’.

The comedy science fiction show first aired in 1988 on BBC Two and ran for eight series. There were plans to make a Red Dwarf film but these fell through due to funding issues and the show simply disappeared off the air. Red Dwarf enjoyed a resurgence in popularity after repeats of the programme were shown on television channel Dave during the Noughties.

The show turned out to be one of the most watched programmes on the channel and led to the commissioning of a one-off Red Dwarf special in 2009 called Back to Earth. Although the special was met with mixed reviews, it helped to highlight the renewed interest in the show, spurring Dave to make Red Dwarf X. The new series of Red Dwarf was broadcast a couple of weeks ago and has received a positive reception from fans.

-------------

Sounds like this writer doesn't really know much about the show at all... still, it's true that Chris Barrie can do all the voices really well.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert Llewellyn - 2012-11-22 - Shaun Keaveny

download mp3
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug Naylor - Robert Llewellyn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Comedy News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: