Boy reported missing a decade later

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:17 pm    Post subject: Boy reported missing a decade later Reply with quote

I am appalled. This story also doesn't go into the other reports I have read about how he was mistreated by the adoptive parents. This morning I also saw his biological sister on the television who said she called when Adam was about 15 to find out things about him and was told by the adoptive parents that "He was fine and working on getting his drivers license" Something stinks in this case for so many reasons.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder why the school or social services didn't ask more questions?
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
I wonder why the school or social services didn't ask more questions?

A very good question indeed. Some possible answers are there though.
For the school, if the parents just took him out saying he was going to another school somewhere that wouldn't raise any issues. Especially if they were moving states or counties. We don't have a national system set up. So we would get plenty of kids in where records were incomplete or non-existent due to the way another district was run or the parents not providing proper information. Since all you need to enroll in most schools is a birth certificate and proof of vaccines, making a child disappear from the system this way wouldn't be difficult.
As for social services, if they were never notified of any problem there would be no reason for their involvement. Adam was adopted at the age of two so by the time he was 11 his case wouldn't even be anywhere in the system.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read about this also, but I hadn't heard about the other things you had spoken about. This is quite creepy. It makes me sick to my stomach when I hear these abusive adoptive parent stories. I know the whole "they are innocent until proven guilty", but this whole thing stinks, and I wouldn't be surprised if they killed him. I understand some kids run away, whether adopted or not because of other problems other than abuse. Still, the amount of times this kid ran away, it's too bad police couldn't have social services keep an eye on them. What am I on about? Social Services keep an eye on a kid? hahaha! Anyway, poor kid. It breaks my heart that he never had a good life to live like most of us do.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
11antoniacourt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard or read about this too. it breaks my heart to conclude that when he was a little boy his life must have been hell. LIttle boys are not disposable things, and while they're on this earth they deserve the same respect that all of us deserve. This just disturbs me. Why, oh why, would no one report him missing for all those years? Disturbing and sad.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: