NBC will air "Miami Vice" pilot in July

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ally
'Taffia'

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: NBC will air "Miami Vice" pilot in July Reply with quote

Vintage 'Vice' Is Nice for NBC
Network will air series pilot to hype movie

Jamie Foxx and Colin Farrell in 'Miami Vice'

To help tout its corporate sibling's upcoming film "Miami Vice," NBC will turn to ... "Miami Vice."

The network is planning to air the two-hour "Miami Vice" pilot on Saturday, July 22, interspersing it with behind-the-scenes material from the film, which hits theaters the following week. Colin Farrell and Jamie Foxx, who star in the film, will host the event.

"Miami Vice" premiered on NBC in September 1984, introducing the world to detectives Sonny Crockett (Don Johnson) and Ricardo Tubbs (Philip Michael Thomas) -- not to mention a groundbreaking way of presenting a TV series. Derisively dubbed "MTV cops" at first, the show nonetheless became a huge hit with its bright, slick visuals, innovative use of music and distinctive style.

It was also, once you got past the pastel hues and Crockett's pet alligator, often a pretty dark, violent show. The movie version, written and directed by series executive producer Michael Mann, appears to keep that tone while also going for a darker visual palette than its predecessor.

The movie, scheduled to hit theaters on Friday, July 28, is produced by Universal Pictures, which falls under the same corporate umbrella as NBC. There won't be any rights issues with the series pilot either, as the show was made by what was then called Universal Television.

---------------
Here's more about the film.

OFFICIAL WEBSITE:
www.miamivice.com/main.html

RELEASE DATE:
July 28, 2006
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't realise Jamie Foxx was to be in the new movie - that makes a big difference for me now... he's a brilliant actor.
Ally
'Taffia'

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
I didn't realise Jamie Foxx was to be in the new movie - that makes a big difference for me now... he's a brilliant actor.

Yeah that alone make me want to see it because I don't think he'd make a crap movie.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard about this on CNN entertainment and they gave it a really horrible review. I rarely listen to others opinions on films so I'd still take the chance on seeing it....but only because of Colin Farrell. He's one of my faves Surprised
Ally
'Taffia'

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
I heard about this on CNN entertainment and they gave it a really horrible review. I rarely listen to others opinions on films so I'd still take the chance on seeing it....but only because of Colin Farrell. He's one of my faves Surprised

Yeah he's brill as well. Sometimes movies that are pure entertainment and not serious drama's get bad reviews. I'd prefer to judge this one myself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> General TV All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: