Israel releases female POW after 12 years

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Israel releases female POW after 12 years Reply with quote

Comrade Souna al-Rai released from occupation prisons

On Sunday, October 26, the longest-serving female prisoner, Comrade Souna al-Rai, was released by the Zionist occupation authorities after 12 years of imprisonment. Comrade al-Rai returned home to Qalqilia, welcomed by her family and the cheers and chants of supporters gathered at the Jalama checkpoint, where a number of members of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine, friends and family members awaited her arrival for several hours.

Comrade al-Rai spoke to reporters while en route to Qalqilia, stating that she has mixed feelings on her release, saying that she "feels a joy that cannot be described on this occasion and excitement about seeing my family and friends, but I also feel very sad because I am leaving behind thousands of prisoners who continue to suffer in the occupiers' jails." She said further, "I feel great joy upon my return to my hometown of Qalqilya, and leave behind steadfast prisoners who are continually subjected to abuses by the occupation forces, including a number of women in difficult health conditions. Prisoners from the Gaza Strip may not have relatives visiting them, and live in a very difficult situation," she said, expressing hope and support for the release of all of the prisoners who remain in the occupation's jails.

She carried a letter from the prisoners, calling upon all Palestinian parties and the resistance factions to work together to struggle for the release of all prisoners in the Zionist jails as a major task. She stated that in the coming days, she will continue to work hard to continue the Palestinian struggle against Zionist occupation and uphold the most important principles - release of all Palestinian prisoners from the Zionist jails, the return of Palestinian refugees to their homes and the establishment of an independent Palestinian state with Jerusalem as its capital.

Comrade Dr. Rabah Muhanna, member of the Political Bureau of the PFLP, expressed his congratulations to Comrade Souna on behalf of himself and the leaders, cadre, members and supporters of the Front, paying tribute to her steadfastness. Comrade Muhanna said, "The warm welcome which greets Souna al-Rai demonstrates the continued support of our people for our resistance fighters. Women are activists at all levels, including in the armed struggle, and have contributed in countless ways to the battle against occupation, the struggle for liberation, and the suffering of the prisoners. We say today, with high morale and unrelenting resolve, and pledge to these brave prisoners to continue the struggle until we achieve our liberation."

Comrade Khalida Jarrar, member of the Political Bureau of the PFLP and chair of the Prisoners' Committee of the Legislative Council, noted her joy and pride to receive Comrade Souna al-Rai, adding that all of our people and the Front are proud of her steadfastness in the face of all difficulties, and that she is a representative of women's steadfast resistance.

More about Comrade Souna al-Rai http://www.pflp.ps/english/?q=comrade-souna-al-rai-longest-serving-palestinian-w

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: