My email to George's Show last night RE Brand&Ross

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rat au Van

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: My email to George's Show last night RE Brand&Ross Reply with quote

Hi everyone. I've been lurking on this forum for a while and helping myself to Faceless' fantastic supply of edited GG shows. Thanks, Faceless.
Anyway I felt compelled to send in an email to George's show last night but it didn't get read out, although the points I made were mostly covered early in the show. I have never before contributed to talk radio so this took me a while to write but I was fairly pleased with it. I want to post it here get it off my chest so without further ado...

Good evening, George!

Let us rejoice today as those vile heathens, Dross and Bland, were suspended by their employer. We can all rest easy knowing that their ungodly shows that the BBC force us to watch will not entertain anyone for the foreseeable future. Thanks to thousands of complaints, no more will actors made famous for their tasteful portrayals of foreigners be harmed.

My faith in the independent spirit of humanity was restored when thousands of level-headed people flooded the BBC and Ofcom in the last few days with carefully considered complaints after hearing or reading edited highlights of phone messages broadcast over a week ago. This issue is of supreme importance as there is nothing else happening in the world at the moment. So I'm glad that the mainstream media, headed by that fine newspaper The Mail on Sunday, decided to give this story the attention it deserves. The fact only two complaints were made at the time of the infamous broadcast and they related to Ross' swearing rather then the content of the phone calls is not important.

You, George, the "alternative voice" on TalkSport, devoted the majority of your 3 hour slot on Monday to pouring scorn on Ross and Brand. You helped motivate your flock to complain by stating multiple times your well sourced fact that Russell Brand was lying about this particular liaison and furthermore had "never even met" the sweet young lady in question. That was very professional of you as the young lady must be very embarrassed by this affair.

It is perfectly understandable to me that a 23 year old aspiring page 3 model, who dances under the stage name "Voluptua" in burlesque troupe "The Satanic Sluts", would be embarrassed that her grandfather is now aware that she has had sex with a famous comedian. I'm sure she couldn't stand the limelight of her exclusive interview in The Sun today in which she shared the news that she had sex with Brand three times in 2006.
seshme

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent and spot on.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome to the site Rat, when I saw that username I reckoned you'd have something worth saying or laughing at...
Rat au Van

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers. What motivated me at the time was not so much that George was devoting all that time to something I disagreed with. It was the constant repetition of certain phrases like "it's like the bankers" and "he had sex with her on a swing, but don't worry he used a condom!" it drove me mad.
Last night's show was even worse, I only kept listening because he promised to have some American shock-jock on, and then that didn't even go ahead!

I've been feeling a bit low today after hearing that there will be no more Russell Brand on BBC Radio 2. I'm not really into Brand that much but I've loved his radio show ever since the early days on BBC 6music, his banter with co-presenter Matt Morgan was filled with razor wit and real warmth.
Ironically, what cheered me up was thinking about that song that Brand and Ross improvised in their now infamous stunt. It's been stuck in my head and the way it's edited on viddycast 16 is really funny. You can still see all the Viddycasts on YouTube by the way.
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

found on b3ta.com Smile
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha, BURN 'EM!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: