Worst Mum Ever?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nekokate

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Worst Mum Ever? Reply with quote

----------------------------------

Shocked
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, how wonderful. And at this rate she'll look like her mother (who is in her 40s but looks almost 70) by the time she's 30! Way to go!

I have met quite a few parents though with this philosophy: "Why should I punish them? It just makes work for me." No shit. You're a parent, so fucking parent.
nico

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am the least surprised Nicokate.

As you are aware, I live in belgium. Belgians are the most addicted people to cigarettes in Europe, at least till the last survey I know of any way.

I have a colleague who boasts about her children being honest, that they don't hide their bad habit like smoking. Even when I recently had to go abroad to India she asked me if I could buy her cigarettes for her 2 children, from duty free shop. I honestly feel disgusted I did so.

There are really wiered parents living around. Her children are 17 and 15 years old and they have been smoking for a couple of years already.
I don't know what is going on with parents these days, they mix up good parenthood with modernism.

I sometimes think is this the end of humanity!
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you hit the nail on the head Sky when you said she should be a parent. Kids are not to be an inconvenience and if she considers parental duties a bother, perhaps she should give custody to people who would be willing to look after the girls well being.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
I think you hit the nail on the head Sky when you said she should be a parent. Kids are not to be an inconvenience and if she considers parental duties a bother, perhaps she should give custody to people who would be willing to look after the girls well being.

Exactly. After all you're a parent, not their mate. No one said it would be easy. I always made sure to call my good parents at the schools or send notes home with the good kids because they are the ones that deserve praise and attention. Luckily, I can honestly say that working in the schools most parents are good but you get those few who are just terrible, like the on in this article.
ItzMeRon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not the worst, but on the list for sure.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there was another mother who's child, five years old, had all but one tooth left.

I paraphrase ...

"They all went black", said herself, "the dentist said they had to come out, and said it was probably due to her food"

"what was her food"?

"Well, she would only drink strawberry milkshakes when she was on the bottle, and would only eat polo mints after that, she used to eat four or five packets a day, I found them all over the house where she'd hid them" ...

yes neanderthal man is alive and "well" and living in Plymouth ...
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alive and well in Merthyr Vale Wales.

Cigarette baby's mother sentenced

Published: Thursday, 22 January 2009, 7:13PM

A mother whose three-year-old boy lit a cigarette butt and smoked it in front of her has received a suspended jail sentence.

The incident was filmed on a mobile phone and passed to social services by a concerned friend of the boy's mother, 24-year-old Kelly Marie Pocock.

Pocock, a mother-of-three from Sarah Street, Merthyr Vale, South Wales, appeared in court for sentencing after pleading guilty to one count of cruelty to a child under 16 at a hearing last month.

Prosecutor Jonathan Rees told Merthyr Crown Court: "The video demonstrates the boy placing a cigarette into his mouth, lighting it with a lighter and sucking, drawing smoke clearly into the lungs and he seems to do it with some accomplishment.

"It doesn't cause him any discomfort. He is sat on a chair close to the mother, who is talking on the phone.

"It is clear that the boy, at the age of three, knows what to do with a lighter and cigarette."

After being charged, Pocock entered a guilty plea on the basis that she had not seen her son smoking before.

Judge John Curran said the case was one of the most "extraordinary" he had ever come across.

He said: "This is an appalling situation and I don't see how, despite your basis of plea, you could have been unaware of the fact".

He that while the offence would normally cross the custody threshold, he did not want to cause her children any further emotional harm by separating them from their mother.

Judge Curran also acknowledged the "considerable efforts" Pocock had taken to improve the situation.

Pocock was sentenced to 40 weeks imprisonment, suspended for two years. He also imposed a 12-month supervision requirement.

http://www.itv.com/News/Articles/Cigarette-babys-mother-sentenced-4849427.html

hard to believe innit ?
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, and I thought I would be a crap mom!! It amazes me that people have this line of thought....if I ground my kid, it really is just me who gets punished. That level of laziness is far beyond my comprehension. You don't just have to pay attention to kids while they are little and cute, you have to really get down to it when they are ugly, spotty and talking back!!! Amazing...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: