Galloway: "Gadaffi betrayed the justified Arab struggle
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ItzMeRon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Galloway: "Gadaffi betrayed the justified Arab struggle Reply with quote

I dont have any thoughts on this, personally. I just saw this as possible unseen footage.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nekokate

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's rare footage but it's not unseen on this forum - we posted it at the time. Interesting, nontheless.
ItzMeRon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a new Galloway Hater on LiveLeak.com btw. His name is NATO-Allies.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nekokate

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ItzMeRon wrote:
There is a new Galloway Hater on LiveLeak.com btw. His name is NATO-Allies.

That doesn't surprise me - LiveLeak is a pit of scum for the most part. It was actually developed from a website called Ogrish.com, which was essentially a sex/gore site full of images of horrifically mangled dead bodies which people were encouraged to post puns about. I take it about as seriously as Santa Claus.
ItzMeRon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you about the people, but the place does bring in some things worth seeing, in my opinion.
tom

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand why you guys are criticizing Liveleak or MemriTV just for showing stuff that Galloway said?

why is it alright to show some things he said, and not others? why is it not allowed to show stuff he said to the ears of the arab world?

it looks like you're trying to protect galloway from himself, and censore his own words when they don't sound very good to western ears.

why call the guy who posted that clip "galloway hater". is he a hater for putting on stuff that galloway himself said? maybe he agreed with what he said?

I really don't understand you guys. why is it wrong to show things that galloway said?
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely agree with Galloway that Ghaddafi betrayed the Arab world.

The person who posted the video is a hater because his only intention in posting it was to promote hatred amongst right wing (read pro-israeli) cunts who are already up in arms at the very thought of treating Arabs as human - and who want to see as much division as possible. Are you really so naive that you can't see that?

As for memritv - are you kidding? Who funds them and to what end? And Liveleak is a place that doesn't care about balance or truth - generally speaking it cares about death and gore and hate in the guise of free speech.

Maybe you can answer me a couple of questions now - why do you only come to this particular section of the site when it's clearly based around politics that you disagree with? Are you just a one-trick pony?
tom

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
I completely agree with Galloway that Ghaddafi betrayed the Arab world.

The person who posted the video is a hater because his only intention in posting it was to promote hatred amongst right wing (read pro-israeli) cunts who are already up in arms at the very thought of treating Arabs as human - and who want to see as much division as possible. Are you really so naive that you can't see that?

As for memritv - are you kidding? Who funds them and to what end? And Liveleak is a place that doesn't care about balance or truth - generally speaking it cares about death and gore and hate in the guise of free speech.

Maybe you can answer me a couple of questions now - why do you only come to this particular section of the site when it's clearly based around politics that you disagree with? Are you just a one-trick pony?

you say its a propoganda site yet its the only one where you can see full unedited speeches of galloway, so what's wrong with that?
i really don't see what's wrong with showing the speeches that galloway made in arab countries (unless you're afraid galloway's opinions would be used against him if they're seen in the west).
you say they deliberately post these videos to promote hatred, but why do you think galloway's speeches have that effect? isn't galloway responsible for what he says and not the people who post his speeches?

what's wrong with me joining a political discussion when I don't agree with a particular subject? it looks like you only welcome people with the exact same opinions as your own, and don't tolerate people with different views.
even Galloway allows people with opposing views to debate him.
mickyv

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom wrote:
I really don't understand you guys. why is it wrong to show things that galloway said?

To add further to Faceless points, there is also the slimy dishonest way that most of the material put up about Galloway is deliberately edited or quoted out of context to show him in a bad light as possible, and then the Uploader normally has the cowardly tactic to block all pro-Galloway comments. It even happens with so called “professional" Journalists, the latest being The Time’s Oliver Kamms, who quotes statements out of context, and now has blocked comments that prove that he is a shit journalist who doesn’t even do basic research on people who he smears in his columns.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom wrote:
you say its a propoganda site yet its the only one where you can see full unedited speeches of galloway, so what's wrong with that?

Where did I say anything about propaganda?

Quote:
i really don't see what's wrong with showing the speeches that galloway made in arab countries (unless you're afraid galloway's opinions would be used against him if they're seen in the west).

Where have I said anything about not posting these full speeches? I've posted most of them here myself if you bothered to look. The difference being that I prefer to find the original sources and to post them direct.

Quote:
you say they deliberately post these videos to promote hatred, but why do you think galloway's speeches have that effect? isn't galloway responsible for what he says and not the people who post his speeches?

Ok then, do you think that the people who repeatedly post videos like that have any desire to do anything positive at all? If so, what benefit is there and to whom?

Quote:
what's wrong with me joining a political discussion when I don't agree with a particular subject? it looks like you only welcome people with the exact same opinions as your own, and don't tolerate people with different views.
even Galloway allows people with opposing views to debate him.

You're damn right I only welcome certain people - those who will help to make a better place. You've made no impression on that level so far.

As you didn't answer my second question (funny that) - I'll ask it again. Are you a one-trick pony?
tom

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you said "Who funds them and to what end? " implying its a propoganda site.

now how can posting galloway's own speeches be helpful to his enemies?

i didn't know you had those videos on this site, are they still on?

what do you mean a better place? a place where there are no debates and everyone always agrees with one another on every issue? sounds kinda boring to me.

You don't even know me and already you're insulting me for offering my opinion.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm insulting you because the only opinion you've got on a site that covers a multitude of subjects is that you don't like Galloway. This shows your lack of imagination and potential to make this place better for the regular members. You are a one-trick pony in other words.

But you can prove me wrong if you like.
nekokate

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom wrote:
I don't understand why you guys are criticizing Liveleak or MemriTV just for showing stuff that Galloway said?

I don't know who you're referring to by "you guys" but I assume it must be me and Ron since we were the only two people to have posted in the thread at that time. Although I suspect you've missed the point: I'm not criticising LiveLeak.com for showing stuff Galloway said. When I said "That doesn't surprise me" it was in reference to Ron saying "There's another Galloway hater on LiveLeak." As for posting things Galloway said - I say go for it. If there's a video of him saying something, whether it's tame or outrageous, it should be freely available. I do object, however, to videos being posted which are vastly edited and used out of context to try and prove an untruth, but that's not strictly a partisan thing; they're all up to it.

tom wrote:

You're still here, aren't you? As far as I'm aware you're not being stopped from airing your views here, but considering this is a site with a large number of people who hold Left wing views it would be silly of you to expect a red carpet.
tom

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I do object, however, to videos being posted which are vastly edited and used out of context to try and prove an untruth"

ok I think I watched the video you're talking about by "Nato-Allies" and I don't see it as an out-of-context video. it just showed parts of different speeches and interviews that galloway made, all compiled together to make a point (to show him contradicting himself). there are a lot of these type of videos on youtube as well.
this technique is very common and used against all political figures.
I don't suppose you have a problem with similar videos portraying, for example, Mccain in the same manner? (showing different clips of him mashed together to show him contradicting himself) so what's the problem of someone doing the same with Galloway?
As long as its not out of context and not recutting his words to make him say things he never said, I find it acceptable.
for example in that vid they showed galloway saying he never greeted saddam, then a clip of him doing just that. that's not out of context, that's making a point.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Galloway has never sent, nor desired to send, anyone to die. What more of a comparison do you need, especially considering that Galloway isn't running for President of the most militant nation on the planet?

I care about humans, for my sins. What do you care about, tom?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: