If a job's worth doing...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: If a job's worth doing... Reply with quote

Lazy decorators paint town (and sock) silver
by JO STEELE
September 17, 2008

Decorators sprucing up Blackpool's famous seafront have come under fire after they ignored a sock which had been left tied to railings - and painted over it. The council contractors came across the footwear while renovating the seaside town but didn't bother removing it. Instead they simply painted it silver along with the rest of the railings. Now bosses in the resort have ordered the unnamed decorating firm to remove the size ten men's sock and make good their bungled paint job.

Julian Kearsley, of Blackpool council, said: 'We contracted a local company to carry out this work and we're hugely disappointed with this act of laziness. We have contacted the company who will be removing the sock and painting the railings correctly, like they should have done in the first place.'

Local residents have been also less than impressed by the paint job and branded the workmanship as 'disgraceful'. Kay Martin, who owns a hotel opposite the railings, said: 'It's amazing someone would go to the trouble of painting it silver. Surely removing it would actually have been quicker. No one can believe anybody could be that lazy.' Andrew Purcell, who works in the area, added: 'I think painting round a sock instead of just moving it could quite possibly be the laziest thing I've ever seen. It does look quite funny tied there, but I suppose it must be annoying for the council if they are trying to improve the look of Blackpool.'

-------------------

Laughing
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is too funny. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to sock it to the council!
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm covered head-to-toe in paint at the moment (preparing my house for sale), but even I'm NOT that careless!!!! Surprised

PS Great pun, Sky! thumbs
nekokate

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This doesn't surprise me at all. So many workmen out there don't give a crap about the quality of their work. One of my friends moved into a house and someone had wallpapered over several electricity outlets on the bottoms of walls. How retarded do you have to be??
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for the painters, since they are sole-ly responsible, I guess they are just going to have to toe the line on this one.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might have thought about complaining if I'd seen it myself, but I'd careful not to put my foot in it.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure when the council saw it the first words out of their mouths were "Darn it!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: