It was seven years ago today

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: It was seven years ago today Reply with quote

Seven years ago today I burnt more bridges than I ever have. It was down to me daring to have an opinion on terrorism that didn't fit with the mass media's approach.

At the time I was on an international forum for old computer games - something I had a big reputation and name in - where I wrote that terrorism against America was only to be expected because of their attitude towards the Middle East.

This simple statement of fact apparently meant that I was a terrorist sympathiser - not just a person who saw the facts in front of them and formed an opinion...

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how many politicians and media sources make a meal out of that emotional melting pot.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A time to put aside politics? This is ALL about politics and they are all capitalising from it. It makes me sick.
luke

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

similar thing happened to me as well faceless, not on 9/11 but more to do with the west's response to it. up until 9/11 i wasn't at all interested in politics, i was even a sun reader! and thats what got me thinking, because i always had the impression the sun was like the paper of the people, that they'd be supporting the troops and asking the right questions before sending them off to potentially die. but in the run up to the invasions of iraq and afghanistan they didn't ask the question should we be sending our troops to this war, you know, does saddam have wmd, is an invasion of a whole country ( afghanistan ) a legitimate or correct response to a crime - a terrible crime - but not a declaration of war by the people of afghanistan? but in the sun there was none of that, it was just cut out and stick this flag on your window, off to war we go. and that didn't really make any sense - i mean, they seemed so willing to send people off to war without asking - should we? i thought the sun would be doing some serious checking, you know, should we sending out people of to these wars? is this the right thing to be doing?

i always had in my mind the ira's terrorism in london, and that it was just ridiculous to think that we'd invade the whole of ireland because of the actions of a group of terrorists. but with afghanistan, thats what was going on.

i remember as we were invading iraq, and i was thinking, we'll saddam can't have any wmd - because he'd be using them! the way they're invading, they know theres no wmd! but all that kinda discussion was absent from the media. i didn't understand why. its shocking to look back now, i mean, there were studies of the bbc during the run up to the iraq war - only 2% of opinion was given to those questioning the party line! even abc in america had 7%! another study concluded the bbc 'displayed the most pro-war agenda of any [british] broadcaster' - with that kinda coverage you can understand why people are so confused over whats really going on.

i was asking these kind of questions to american friends, and they'd quite often called me a communist because of what they saw as kinda hippy views, but asking these sort of questions - now i was as bad as bin laden in their minds! it baffled me. i'd known one guy for years, and we had this discussion where he said iraqi lives are worth less than american lives. i couldn't get my head around that, this supposed christian coming out with this kinda of shit. it took years of reading about america and our country, how society is shaped and controlled, the history of it, how the media works and who's interests it serves, propaganda, indoctrination, the manufacture of consent, to understand why he and others had such weird views on it all. i don't blame them so much now, but i do feel like they need a slap kinda thing - wake the fuck up!
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all the tragedy and sadness still felt over the 9/11 attacks comes this story of a fake survivor . How could someone stoop so low? I can only think that she incredibly lonely and/or psychiatrically ill.

luke

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there was documentary on last night about her eefan if you was interested and could find it
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant to watch that doc, but thought it would turn up on torrent sites somewhere - no luck yet though... I think her lies and fraud were a lot less damaging than the government's though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: