Marijuana plant thrives outside supermarket

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Marijuana plant thrives outside supermarket Reply with quote

PLANT THRIVES AMONG SHRUBBERY AT TESCO
Nicola Stow,
06/09/2008

COPS are feeling a bit dopey — after a giant cannabis bush was found growing outside a busy city supermarket! The pot plant was quietly thriving among shrubbery in the car park of a Tesco store in Edinburgh’s Davidson Mains.

Police, who regularly patrol the area and visit the shop on a regular basis FAILED to spot the 3ft-high intruder among the greenery. But a customer who spotted the rogue bush’s distinctive spiky leaves this week grassed to the News of the World.

Our tipster told us: “This huge green plant was towering over other shrubs in the plant boxes. I took a closer look and thought to myself, ‘Stone me, that’s a cannabis plant!’ It’s obvious that’s what it is — you can easily tell by the shape of the leaves. I just can’t believe no one’s spotted it — it’s very in-your-face. I stood and watched as customers collecting trolleys walked by, completely oblivious to its presence.”

The shopper added: “This is a popular store and I often see the bobbies from nearby Drylaw police station popping in for their lunches. They would have to walk right past the plant to get to the front door. I could understand if it was tiny and well hidden, but this thing is huge — it must have been growing for some time. Maybe it’s been planted by some local prankster.”

Boffins at the Royal Botanical Gardens in Edinburgh this week studied our snaps of the greenery and immediately confirmed that it IS the banned bush. Last night a spokeswoman said: “Our experts have had a good look at the plant in question and have identified it. It’s definitely cannabis.”

Meanwhile a Tesco spokeswoman explained their staff had not been aware of the beginnings of a drug crop growing in the car park. She added: “We’re looking into the matter but can’t really comment until we’ve had the plant tested.”

Botanic Gardens expert Dr Max Coleman explained that, despite this summer’s near-constant rain, the plants grow remarkably quickly given the right conditions. But he revealed: “The most likely source of this plant is a packet of bird seed. Cannabis is a common addition to commercially-produced seed mixtures for feeding to garden birds.”

----------------

I once threw a handful of 'birdseed' out the window of a flat I was moving away from - when I went back to check about a year later they had grown to about 5ft...
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A neighbor of my sister once planted a bunch of mixed seeds and ended up with cannabis growing on her doorstep. She didn't have a clue and no one else really noticed either. She was very proud of her tall growing greenery. Until her copper friend pointed it out to her. She was mortified.
It doesn't surprise me a lot of people didn't notice. Most people couldn't identify basil let alone cannabis. The fact that the police didn't notice though is bad form.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised no one stole her "greenery" Sky! Just goes to show you how clueless people are.
luke

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i used to be a member of a forum and we had this plan of planting them all over ... never did though, but it would be cool Smile i have some spare seeds i might plant along the coast somewhere remote next year ...

eefanincan wrote:
I'm surprised no one stole her "greenery" Sky! Just goes to show you how clueless people are.

it is surprising, although you wouldn't be able to do anything with the leaves, its the flowering buds you want, and growing like they were chances are you'll get males as well as any females and they will pollinate the females and then the females don't make the buds, they make seeds instead

funny thing with cannabis, you can have a plant that is both sexes and they can pollinate themselves!

aside from the obvious benefits of the cannabis plant, they're actually just really lovely plants - i love the symmetry of them
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: