bollocks to Virgin Media

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: bollocks to Virgin Media Reply with quote

My ISP, Virgin Media, have this week put a block on access to torrents and downloads from rapidshare - downloads will start then drop right off almost immediately. They've not contacted me or said anything in public about this, so I phoned up their tech-support and asked what was going on.

The guy asked me what websites had been limited, right after I told him it was rapidshare, and when I told him again he asked me 'can you spell the name of that site please'. I said 'If you don't know the name rapidshare - one of the top websites in the world - then please put me on to someone who does, as you're obviously not capable of answering my questions."

He then said he would put me back through to customer support - aaargh!

So I got through to customer support again, this time to a woman. I asked her, "can you tell me why and when your company put limits on my downloads, and why you didn't tell me that your T+Cs had altered?". She then went the same route as the other guy, asking me about the specific website, at which point I almost ate the phone. She then said she'd put me through to tech-support and accidentally ended up giving me control of her phone system! I slammed the phone down in disgust at this point...

I've been a customer of theirs for a good 8 years, but this is no use. I pay for the rapidshare account, so in effect they're blocking both mine and rapidshare's legal right to use the service. Hopefully rapidshare will sue them for illegally blocking their trade, but I don't imagine I'll see any refund from either of them.
luke

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats bad news, i'm on virgin as well. torrents are working alright for me, but i haven't tried anything from rapidshare recently but i do download from there quite a bit

i've only been a customer of virgin for a few months, and only joined because the house had their box already connected, but i've already had to phone their customer support a few times and haven't been impressed with their overall service - tiscali were much better

if you think virgin customer support are bad, you wanna try abbey ... they are the most infuriating bastards in the world, i'm still after the money that got scammed from my card before i moved - they gave half of it back but i'm still chasing the rest Mad

phoning any company now just seems to be a complete nightmare angry
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well the torrents seem to be working again now - maybe the gnashing of teeth had some effect; either that or I'd got it wrong in the first place... haha

still, the rapidshare stuff is still not going at all.

That's bollocks about Abbey messing you about like that. Just demand to speak to someone who can actually help each time you call - don't let them fob you off with frontdesk crap that they're trained and paid to do in order to put you off..
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like a lot of hassle. Hope you get it all sorted soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: