Scotland to get rid of council tax

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:57 pm    Post subject: Scotland to get rid of council tax Reply with quote

This is great news as it will mean a much fairer system all round. GG's refusal to look at the benefits of separation pales into meaningless rhetoric when important concerns like these can be answered. Tax the rich and allow the poor to benefit more - why does he have a problem with independence if that's the result?

Blocking alcohol sales to under-21s is also a major step and could create real social change. The other day I was in buying my daily dose of cider when this 18 year old ahead of me bought 6 litres of strong white cider and 3 of lager. I felt sorry for this little fucker at first, then my concern transferred to the people who'd have to deal with him if he only drank a quarter of what he'd bought...
cobweb

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb news....it most likely won't make a huge practical difference to me personally as I am fairly averagely waged but slap it right up the fuckers who rack in the dosh.

A daily dose of cider Faceless? You ride the White Lightning often then?

I love the comment from Cathy Doll showing a total failure to grasp even the basics of economics by saying "The SNP's tax plans will simultaneously make Scotland the highest taxed part of the UK and damage local services." So the SNP government will rake in loads of money but will have none to spend....how will that work then eh?

As far as I can recall GG's major grumble to independance has always been the he feels catholics will be discriminated against in a protestant country...a bit of a old timey thought nowadays perhaps?
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha no - no White Lightning for me, I stick to medium strength like Strongbow.

there's definitely a fair amount of bigotry still going on, but the kids round my way all wear Celtic and Rangers tops and hang about together - something that didn't happen at all even 25 years ago. That problem is more to do with poverty than anything else though - if you're hungry and pissed off with life you're much more likely to find a reason to have a fight than if you're feeling full and you've got Sky Sports!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: