George and British Airways

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nekokate

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: George and British Airways Reply with quote

I was interested last night when George spoke about the allegation of racist abuse Naomi Campbell made against BA staff in a recent Sky News interview. He seemed to be defending the airway, and said that he uses them regularly and has done for thirty years.

Did he not, however, vow several times on international radio last year never to fly with them again after the debacle with the employee who was suspended for wearing a small cross around her neck? That's a rhetorical question, by the way, because he absolutely did.

I was surprised at the time and thought to myself "I bet that's knee-jerk hyperbole". Shock and awe, George!! You have to be careful when there are sad fanatics like me around who remember your every word!
Laughing
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good spot - I'd missed that part.

He also said last night, when asking for suggestions for words or phrases which should be banned, that he'd never say 'Celtic' again, - that struck me as a bit of a weak thing to say. Is he trying to alienate the bhoys?!
Mandy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: George and British Airways Reply with quote

nekokate wrote:
I was interested last night when George spoke about the allegation of racist abuse Naomi Campbell made against BA staff in a recent Sky News interview. He seemed to be defending the airway, and said that he uses them regularly and has done for thirty years.

Did he not, however, vow several times on international radio last year never to fly with them again after the debacle with the employee who was suspended for wearing a small cross around her neck? That's a rhetorical question, by the way, because he absolutely did.

I was surprised at the time and thought to myself "I bet that's knee-jerk hyperbole". Shock and awe, George!! You have to be careful when there are sad fanatics like me around who remember your every word!
Laughing

Actually, Kate, you need to be careful when the WHOLE Truth is on George's side.

There was a proviso to George's threat last year : unless...they re-instated the woman with the cross -- Which BA did.
luke

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can't get anything past mandy Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: