Questions on Tony Blair

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ItzMeRon

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 4:08 am    Post subject: Questions on Tony Blair Reply with quote

Hello All,

I have been meaning to ask this to anyone that might know what they are talking about. Its hard to do in the US, or atleast in my neck of the woods.

Being American, I have looked at this from whole quagmire from an American angle, granted. I see the US as spearheading the effort on Iraq. I see the US as the major contributer of Bin Ladin way back when......I see the US being the country who put Saddam in power. I see our CIA as doing very bad things when I always thought they were good.

But with Britain, our best friend, has really only been backing the US in it's decisions. I mean, yes Britain may have done wrong things and made mistakes. But I feel like I need more information about the subject of Tony Blair and Britain. I feel like people were too hard on Tony Blair and not nearly hard enough on Bush. Tony only backed Bush...I mean granted if Blair didnt back Bush on Iraq, we would not have gone in......But doesnt it only make Tony Blair look less worse? I just listen to Tony Blair and hear what he is saying and I feel he is honest. I feel like Tony was backing a friend, the US. I believe he was acting as a man of his word. I believe that Blair would have liked to have better seen Al Gore in the white house than Bush....Or atleast Mrs. Blair said so.

I am not really wanting to take an offical stance on Tony Blair because I feel like I do not know enough to do so. But in everything that I have seen and heard thus far, I just feel like my country is much worse than what Galloway makes Britain out to be. I believe that Bush used the already built-up good relationship with Britain to help Britain side with us about something so illegal and unconstitutional.

I guess my questions are:

Why is Tony Blair as a big a crook as Bush?

Dont you think Tony could be fooled by Bush?

Is Bush a neocon?

What side is the Queen on?

Are their any other bigger Neocons in England besides Hitchens?

What do you think of Tony Blair and why?

Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: Questions on Tony Blair Reply with quote

You ask some interesting questions. Speaking as a non-Brit, I'll offer my opinion...

ItzMeRon wrote:
Why is Tony Blair as a big a crook as Bush?

crook? no villain? yes

Quote:
Dont you think Tony could be fooled by Bush?

Not fooled or tricked. Either complicit or enabling (in the way that drug addicts enable each other).

Quote:
Is Bush a neocon?

While he may be a fool, me might have just enough intelligence to be dangerous. In any case, he's second fiddle to the de-facto President (Cheney)

Quote:
What side is the Queen on?

Irrelevant. Probably doesn't give a sh*t either way.

Quote:
Are their any other bigger Neocons in England besides Hitchens?

The BNP? (A guess -- I'm not very knowledgable about British politics.)

Quote:
What do you think of Tony Blair and why?

Personally, I think he's mentally ill with some sort of holy warrior complex. Of course, he could just be a religious fundamentalist.

Peace,
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ron, I don't really accept your point that one country should automatically defend another. I don't know anyone here who thinks that America needs our help. In fact, your government doesn't think that either - they demanded British help for political reasons and Blair, like the arselicking bastard that he is, gave it even though millions of people took to the streets in protest against it. It's not as if America was under attack from or even tangible threat from another country.

Did you hear on Galloway's show that the debt from WWII that was owed to the White House was only paid off last year? Friends don't charge friends to help them out in my book.

Luckily for us we don't have many neocons as such - most people here have either no consideration for it or realise that it's twisted and purely self-serving.
ItzMeRon

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
ron, I don't really accept your point that one country should automatically defend another. I don't know anyone here who thinks that America needs our help. In fact, your government doesn't think that either - they demanded British help for political reasons and Blair, like the arselicking bastard that he is, gave it even though millions of people took to the streets in protest against it. It's not as if America was under attack from or even tangible threat from another country.

Did you hear on Galloway's show that the debt from WWII that was owed to the White House was only paid off last year? Friends don't charge friends to help them out in my book.

Luckily for us we don't have many neocons as such - most people here have either no consideration for it or realise that it's twisted and purely self-serving.

I really was not trying to make the point that one country should automatically defend another. I am sorry if it seemed that way. :-)

The point I was trying to make was a friend helping another, not necissarly automatic.

I think about it in terms of friends....A true friend would have a hard time not supporting or even helping their ally.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LongLivetheHuman

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I concur with all major.tom's answers to the questions accept the one concerning Hitchens/British neocons.
The foremost Brit neocon has to be the *loathsome* Douglas Murray:
http://www.douglasmurray.co.uk/

The BNP aren't neocons. I don't think they're much fussed about foreign policy at all. They are of course, far far worse, but in a sense not quite as dangerous as they have less influence.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: