Galloway & YouTube.com....Move to LiveLeak.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ItzMeRon

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 3:43 am    Post subject: Galloway & YouTube.com....Move to LiveLeak.com Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,

I am new here. Of course, that is probably evident. I wanted to say hello but also I came here to better understand some things and get feedback. I have lots of questions but I do not want to overload this post so I am going to try to keep this simple.

I cannot put my finger on it, but something is going on with YouTube.com and George Galloway's videos. I use to be able to find alot of Galloway vids there but accounts are suspended or removed and all his videos removed with that persons account. The most a Galloway video has been viewed on YouTube.com is near 69,000 people. That is fukin hog wash! I have seen many more views on videos on YouTube.com which are no longer there anymore. This sucks, because I cannot find the videos to upload any longer. Most links to videos I had do not work because it was taken down for whatever reason. And the broken video traces back to YouTube at every turn I have seen. Am I not looking in the right place or something?

I am American. I have lived in Florida all my of my life. I work in education and the IT/MIS field. I have found that no one knows about George Galloway here. America is very neocon and the corporations own my country. I understand pretty clearly why George Galloway's videos have been pulled or the accounts suspended. It really pisses me off. The hidden hand has done a good job at hiding Mr. Galloway from America, as it does with all undesirable news. In my book, Mr. Galloway is a hero.

I am about done with YouTube.com and their censorship. I would like to recemmend LiveLeak.com. I have already done a good job at posting Galloway videos there but I would like to post everyone that is eligable and I cannot find anything it seems. LiveLeak.com does not suspend accounts like YouTube.com. LiveLeak.com is a news media site and I have found that Galloway's videos fit very well there. It is very well organized and does not have a hidden ajenda or lack of ethics. They mods are generally very good. Videos do not get removed from LiveLeak.com like they are on YouTube. There is forums, chat, and discussion on videos in a very fair and reasonable manner. I am very impressed with LiveLeak to say the least.

I do not know what site has been a launching pad for George Galloway videos, but I am guessing it has been YouTube.com. Because of YouTube's corruption and infringment on Freedom of Speech, I would like to suggest that people do not use YouTube.com to upload anything at all. And I would like to suggest LiveLeak.com. If someone has a better place or if there is something I am not aware of, please let me know. I am dreaming of an archived library of videos available on LiveLeak.com of anything relating to George Galloway. I want to go to Google.com, type in George Galloway, and have one or many RELYABLE places to go to see his stuff.

YouTube.com is a big fat dissappointment. Right now, I am e-screaming about it. There are powers at be in America who do not George Galloway to become a familar face or figure in the US. People here are frustrated and do not know what it is like in other countries or what other people outside of America say about most things. America has a very controlled method of information flow to the public, without the public knowing or mostly being able to figure it out.

I am asking for help from the George Galloway fans here. I would like to people here to check out LiveLeak if you do not know about it already. I would like to see a relyable place to post a library so vast of George Galloway videos where none of them fail to be linked whatsoever. I feel George Galloway might be fighting an informational battle as far as getting his word out on the internet and he is loosing. Broken video links on his page or anywhere else on the internet is unacceptable as far as I am concerned. I would like to see a surge of videos on LiveLeak.com posted about Galloway. Hell, I will upload them myself. I know there are many more then what I have posted so far there. Where can I find more videos?

I think I am done now........ I might have more arugments for the case of posting on LiveLeak or having a central data base of Galloway videos available publicly and searchable through Google or Yahoo. I am sorry if my spelling sucks. It normally just does. And I hope you do not think I am wacked. I look forward to posting here.

Thank you.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the couch, Ron.

I agree that YouTube is not all it's cracked up to be. One thing I think they include in their Terms of Service is that by uploading anything, you grant them immediate and irrevocably license to do whatever they wish with it, effectively granting them ownership.

Without knowing more about the particular videos you're talking about (eg. the SkyNews interview during Israel's bombing of Lebanon?), I'm more skeptical about a conspiracty to hide GG from the American public. While his viewpoints are rare in mainstream American media, there are (in my opinion) even greater champions out there. I speak of people like Noam Chomsky, Howard Zinn, Ralph Nader, Norman Finkelstein, and (to a much lesser degree) Michael Moore. If I were a rabid NeoCon, I would place all my energy into marginalizing these figures who, while they may be cut of the same cloth as GG, are more consistent and persuasive.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron, you sound passionate about it, but why not use humyo.com to store the files? They're much better quality than liveleak, also giving direct download options, and if you've paid for the service then they are contracted to keep your files for as long as there's no legal complaints.

If you use a free site then you're at their mercy - any stuff that's lost from youtube usually happens after a few warnings, so they're not entirely bastards about it.
Mandy

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The issue of dead links is evident from the number of affected videos on the official web site :
http://www.georgegalloway.com/page.php?page=content/video.html

For example the "George Galloway parliament speech about Labour vote rigging 26 Feb 2007" doesn't work.

The couch version is still working :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q3N7FrjTHs
Mandy

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Galloway & YouTube.com....Move to LiveLeak.com Reply with quote

ItzMeRon wrote:
I cannot put my finger on it, but something is going on with YouTube.com and George Galloway's videos. I use to be able to find alot of Galloway vids there but accounts are suspended or removed and all his videos removed with that persons account. The most a Galloway video has been viewed on YouTube.com is near 69,000 people.

The famous Sky News video is still on YouTube :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=249JaIaubVw
Views: 776,944

The Senate video has 321,747 views
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrdFFCnYtbk
ItzMeRon

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok....So where do I go for a relyable library of George Galloway vids?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nekokate

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ItzMeRon wrote:
Ok....So where do I go for a relyable library of George Galloway vids?

You're here...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there is a comprehensive library available online anywhere. I've got most recent videos available on my humyo account which you can see here:

http://www.humyo.com/56153-80841361

You need to be signed up to humyo to download, but a free account is all you need.
ItzMeRon

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
I don't think there is a comprehensive library available online anywhere. I've got most recent videos available on my humyo account which you can see here:

http://www.humyo.com/56153-80841361

You need to be signed up to humyo to download, but a free account is all you need.

Can we make that comprehensive library?
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to upload anything to your humyo account then it can easily be copied over. But there's almost 30gb of files that I have and there's no chance I'll be uploading all that...
ItzMeRon

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
If you want to upload anything to your humyo account then it can easily be copied over. But there's almost 30gb of files that I have and there's no chance I'll be uploading all that...

I gotta be honest......I have never had a problem with LiveLeak.com ever removing any video I ever posted, even if it was reject from Public view. I can even share videos that have been rejected with whoever I want to. Humyo is not well known like LiveLeak and it does not deal with News Media Items as LL does.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, so do you have anything Galloway related that's not included in the archive list that is in a sticky thread in this section? And is it possible to download the original avi files from liveleak?
ItzMeRon

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
ok, so do you have anything Galloway related that's not included in the archive list that is in a sticky thread in this section? And is it possible to download the original avi files from liveleak?

You can check what I have from George Galloway already if you would like on Liveleak.com

www.LiveLeak.com
ItzMeRon is the name I post under there.

I do not believe they allow you to download the actual .avi file. Hell, I dont even upload a .avi file when I am uploading something. Can you explain to me the benefit of downloading the actual AVI instead of just copying the file in a Flash media format or something like that?

Also, is there a listing of GG videos and a description of each somewhere? I want to find other videos.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the benefit of having the avi file is in the much better quality - they also usually play on standalone players without converting.

There's a thread called 'Galloway Archive' in this section which has everything listed up to the end of last year.
ItzMeRon

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
the benefit of having the avi file is in the much better quality - they also usually play on standalone players without converting.

There's a thread called 'Galloway Archive' in this section which has everything listed up to the end of last year.

I was thinking that was going to be the answer to my question about the quality. I dont see a real problem with quality though. Standalone players without converting is almost seemingly impossible anymore.

I saw the thread before. I made another thread on the question of good videos and audio that stand out so that I can make use of it. :-)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: