NHL Playoffs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: NHL Playoffs Reply with quote

Anyone watching the NHL Playoffs? I'm so happy I have found a couple of streaming places that are showing the games live. Go Rangers! Going to go watch the Phila. Flyers vs. Washington Capitals right now :-)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoying the playoffs here for sure.

Shame the Leafs didn't make it - although they won as many post season games as Ottawa did, which is some consolation.

Go (away) Flyers!!
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a bummer that during the week I have to just watch highlights 'cause I can't stay up to watch the games. Most on the east coast start at 7:30pm, which is 1:30am for me. All Flyers needed to do was win this game, and right now they are losing in the 3rd 3 to 2.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the pleasure of watching the Flyers vs Capitals and Red Wings vs Thrashers this weekend. I wish I could watch the others during the week. I'll have to settle for highlights. :-) Thrashers gave Red Wings a run for their money, considering Red Wings are best in league.
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mondays game

(in case you haven't seen the highlights yet)

Hidden: 
Caps 4 Flyers 2 - oh dear me - flyers about to grab defeat from the jaws of victory perhaps? We can only hope. Tee hee.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted the flyers to win so that the Rangers would play the Pens, but if the Flyers lose, I think the Rangers will be playing Montreal. I think tonight will be the deciding game. I took a peek this morning before I went to school...LOL!! Quite interesting!
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am hoping that Detroit and Colorado get a chance at each other. That will be an awesome series. I am doing the highlight thing as well because of the end of the semester. But rest assured, after my last final next Tuesday, I will be watching as many games as possible.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well spurs, it looks like you will have your wish. It's Detroit vs Colorado. I also got my wish and it will be Rangers vs Penguins. I think Rangers have a better shot at beating the Penguins than they do with Montreal. If Montreal wins this conference semifinal, I'm so sure my Rangers can beat them in the conference final. Montreal has always been tricky :-) Also, depending on what kind of year the Pens are having, they have proved at times to be tough contenders as well. I'm excited to see some more great hockey games this weekend!
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Brilliant!!!

pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL!! Excellent! Well, sad for me, but a nice Hockey Wars spoof...lol!
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the Colorado/Detroit series didn't really turn out the way I wanted it to. I don't mind that Detroit won (I like both teams), but to get swept....oh well. There is always next year...
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been saying that since 1994 Spurs.....LOL!! There's always next year....
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being a Leafs fan, I don't even think I can say that!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: