New Eddie Izzard Show to premiere on FX network

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:02 am    Post subject: New Eddie Izzard Show to premiere on FX network Reply with quote

I watched the Series 4 finale of "Nip/Tuck" and saw several ads for this upcoming new series starring Eddie Izzard called "The Riches".

Seems interesting and was wondering if anyone else had info about this new TV programme?

FX adds Izzard's 'Riches' to Schedule -- to preem in second quarter of 2007
By DENISE MARTIN

'The Riches'

FX's new series 'The Riches' stars Aidan Mitchell, Eddie Izzard, Minnie Driver, Shannon Woodward and Noel Fisher.

FX has greenlit 13 episodes of "The Riches," a drama starring Eddie Izzard and Minnie Driver as married con artists.

The series, formerly titled "Lowlife," revolves around a family of traveling grifters who take the identity of an upper-middle-class suburban family. Premiere is slated for second quarter next year.

FX ordered "Riches" to pilot in December alongside the Courteney Cox tabloid one-hour "Dirt." While network execs committed to 13 episodes of the latter in June (Daily Variety, June 5), they reshot portions of the "Riches" pilot over the summer in an attempt to lighten the production's dark tone.

"Riches" stars Izzard as Wayne Malloy, a father questioning the marginal life his family leads. Show follows he and his wife Dahlia (Driver), newly sprung from a two-year prison stint and now battling a drug habit, as they and their three children get accustomed to their new identities as the well-to-do Riches.

FX chief John Landgraf said "Riches" is the cabler's first family show -- "albeit a show and a family unlike any television viewers have seen before."

FX and Fox TV Studios will produce in association with Maverick Television. Production is slated to begin in December.

Playwright Dmitry Lipkin created and wrote the pilot and will exec produce with Izzard. Dawn Prestwich and Nicole Yorkin (Showtime's "Brotherhood") also will executive produce with Maverick's Michael Rosenberg, Mark Morgan and Guy Oseary.

Carl Franklin helmed the pilot and Peter O'Fallon directed the reshoots.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117949593.html?categoryid=1300&cs=1
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds good - I'm quite a fan of Izzard though only as a comedian, I've never been impressed by his straight acting (pardon the pun!). But Minnie Driver is a really good actor, so this could turn out to be something worth watching for sure...

Cool
Bob

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this sounds oddly familiar, but i think it's because of the original name they were going to use...hmmm...either way, could be a laugh, will have to keep an eye out for it Smile
til661

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to be a massive fan of Izzard a few years ago, but i find it difficult to get excited about anything he has done recently. I don't think he's produced anything of worth since 'dress to Kill' and that was...'98/'99
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly going to watch the first few shows.

The previews on FX over here look decent enough, well, slightly better than that as it has peeked my interest.

As for Izzard himself.

He's grown a lot since I first saw him, I recall a time when I couldn't go to a festival or show without him being on the bill.
Early days at the comedy store in london & other such places where he played, he was incredibly creative, most people in those days had one routine & would add just a smidge of new stuff or throw in a slant on some news from that day or week...
Izzard had so much material then that I'd say only 20% of the shows were the same.

He's done so many 'cameo' roles in movies & shows trying to make it into 'straight' acting, a few of them showing a lot of potential, but mostly overshadowed by the crossdressing (it would appear that they wanted the crossdressing part of him rather than his talent).

For me, he has the potential to be another Tim Curry which is a shame...
By this I mean that Curry has been typecast as a camp bit part actor due to his crossdressing in RHPS.

Both are great actors, perhaps in an age where people are more comfortable with sexuality Izzard won't end up another Curry...
(Yes I know that Izzard is indeed 100% straight male who just likes girlie clothes).

The Pilot episode (re-made) Starts Mondat 12th on FX:

Next US TV Airings:
Mon. Mar. 12 10:00 PM FX The Riches Pilot #1.0
Mon. Mar. 12 11:14 PM FX The Riches Pilot #1.0
Wed. Mar. 14 12:00 AM FX The Riches Pilot #1.0
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an FYI: The second series of "The Riches", starring Minnie Driver & Eddie Izzard, premieres tonight on the FX network (in the U.S.) at 10:00 pm.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't catch any of the first series - is it any good Kezza?
Lostinthestates

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is REALLY good - in my opinion Smile
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Lost -- I really enjoyed it as well.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to be the stick in the mud, but I wasn't too wowed with The Riches. Maybe I didn't give it enough of a chance (I only watched a couple of episodes). As for Izzard, I love him! I just got tickets to his 6/17/08 show at the Tampa Theatre. It is my bro's birthday (he always gets cool stuff on his birthday -- the World Cup game we went to in Germany was on his birthday too!) and I am taking him. It is a pretty small venue and I am glad I got tickets.
Bob

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recored it, not seen it yet...it's an odd show, a bit slow, some of it is good, some not quite and the accents are a bit daft. It's worth a peak, but you've got to give it a few episodes to warm up and I'm hoping this second series won't be quite so slow, but I've heard it's more of a catch up rather than going into new stuff...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> General TV All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: