The Wire .....
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a bit disappointed with tonight's revelation about Marlo's "new" cell phone trick. I thought that for once the criminals would be ahead of the cops, using encrypted phone technology which would be impossible to crack. Instead, they have his henchmen snapping cell photos like any pre-teen.

Puhleez!

They need to get better technical consultants.
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

major.tom wrote:
I'm a bit disappointed with tonight's revelation about Marlo's "new" cell phone trick. I thought that for once the criminals would be ahead of the cops, using encrypted phone technology which would be impossible to crack. Instead, they have his henchmen snapping cell photos like any pre-teen.

Puhleez!

They need to get better technical consultants.

sorry Tom I have had a heavy work load last few weeks and have fallen asleep watching the Wire .......I have all dvred to watch and will get back to u soon ...I promice .....I will watch all eppies this weekend Smile
major.tom

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw this now. (Pretty observant, huh?)

No worries. I won't post any spoilers. Enjoy your catching up.
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Major tom I thought U may enjoy this read......

The Wire' comes full circle in its gripping finale

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/entertainment_tv/2008/03/the-wire-comes.html

I am Going to miss this show a lot .......
major.tom

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a bad write-up. Thanks, Aja.

How did you enjoy the finale, btw?
major.tom

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an interesting blog:

What do real thugs think of the wire?
til661

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wire is without doubt my favourite TV show. It was first recommended to me by my old uni lecturer and I've been hooked ever since.

I've watched series 1-3 all the way through twice and have just started 4 for the second time. I've been downloading 5 as it goes on and I've got the final part on the comp but haven't got round to watching it yet.

In a way I'm not sure I want to, it's a bit geeky but it's sad to think it's the last one so I'm saving it for when I have an uninterrupted time to give it full concentration.

There are just so many fantastic characters and the plots are more than cinematic, they are epic.

Overall I'd have to say my favourite season is no. 3. The sheer amount of political intrigue was fantastic, with the rise of Carcetti (one of the three brits in main roles!) and Bunny Colvin's amsterdam project, which was absolutely gutting when you realised that they were going to destroy it all.

I've got to mention the finale of season two as a stand-out moment though, it's possibly the most depressing point outside of the deaths but Frank and his boys were fundamentally decent people who see their lives slipping away.

I'm not sure it's really possible to have one or two favourite characters because there are so many great ones but some standouts:

Omar: Fearsome, cynical but yet capable of kindness and ridiculously good in the court scenes!

Stringer: Brixton's own Idris Elba. An excellent character, who goes from street thug to disciple of Adam Smith...the scene after he dies when Mcnulty goes through his stuff and sees the Adam Smith book ("who the hell were we chasing here") just superb

Snoop Pearson: Utterly, utterly terrifying character

Bubbles: The heart and soul of the show. A man who has made some terrible decisions and has hurt a lot of people but seeing him on the road to recovery is one of the few heart-warming things throughout the later series.
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

til661 wrote:
The Wire is without doubt my favourite TV show. It was first recommended to me by my old uni lecturer and I've been hooked ever since.

I've watched series 1-3 all the way through twice and have just started 4 for the second time. I've been downloading 5 as it goes on and I've got the final part on the comp but haven't got round to watching it yet.

In a way I'm not sure I want to, it's a bit geeky but it's sad to think it's the last one so I'm saving it for when I have an uninterrupted time to give it full concentration.

There are just so many fantastic characters and the plots are more than cinematic, they are epic.

Overall I'd have to say my favourite season is no. 3. The sheer amount of political intrigue was fantastic, with the rise of Carcetti (one of the three brits in main roles!) and Bunny Colvin's amsterdam project, which was absolutely gutting when you realised that they were going to destroy it all.

I've got to mention the finale of season two as a stand-out moment though, it's possibly the most depressing point outside of the deaths but Frank and his boys were fundamentally decent people who see their lives slipping away.

I'm not sure it's really possible to have one or two favourite characters because there are so many great ones but some standouts:

Omar: Fearsome, cynical but yet capable of kindness and ridiculously good in the court scenes!

Stringer: Brixton's own Idris Elba. An excellent character, who goes from street thug to disciple of Adam Smith...the scene after he dies when Mcnulty goes through his stuff and sees the Adam Smith book ("who the hell were we chasing here") just superb

Snoop Pearson: Utterly, utterly terrifying character

Bubbles: The heart and soul of the show. A man who has made some terrible decisions and has hurt a lot of people but seeing him on the road to recovery is one of the few heart-warming things throughout the later series.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> General TV All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: