RUSSIA THREATENS NUKE STRIKE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nico

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: RUSSIA THREATENS NUKE STRIKE Reply with quote

http://www.americanfreepress.net/html/russia_threatens123.html

Also today on Presstv; "The threat of a US military attack may only be ruled out once the presidency of George W. Bush ends," said the Iranian military official who believes a US attack in 2008 is probable.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=41977&sectionid=351020101

I don't know about you guys, but if an Iranian military official predicts an ominous war, then I have no hope for the future. We are all doomed. Sad
Mandy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PressTv was downplaying a chance of an attack only yesterday (relaying a report from a UK think tank).

Not looking good.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this 'threat' from Russia could be the key to some kind of peaceful resolution.
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: RUSSIA THREATENS NUKE STRIKE Reply with quote

nico wrote:

Also today on Presstv; "The threat of a US military attack may only be ruled out once the presidency of George W. Bush ends," said the Iranian military official who believes a US attack in 2008 is probable.

Clinton and McCain or will follow the same path as this idiot. Watch out for an attack on an American city or something like that'll get 'em all gung ho all over again and Obama will have to tow the line or lose all credibility - anti American - not hard enough - you know the rhetoric .....

edit ..

Clinton said yesterday something like,

"I thank you all for trusting me to lead the world"
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first thought when I read the story about Iran test-firing a long range missile was that if they're trying to convince the world they're not seeking nuclear technology for military use, they're going about it the wrong way. But in light of the quote above, it sounds like they're doing a little chest-beating, showing how capable they are militarily in hopes of deterring any pre-emptive military action against them.
Mandy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree about the "little chest-beating" .. in western terminology, they are trying to have a deterrence capability.

Chiming with this, in the last 6 weeks, there has been a recent huge spike in stories coming out of Iran about their indigenous military capabilities
See http://www.spiderednews.com/Iran.htm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: