Kids hitting puberty at three

View previous topic :: View next topic  
luke

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Kids hitting puberty at three Reply with quote

Quote:
Kids hitting puberty at three

Shocked doctors blame hormones in food and water for some toddlers showing signs of breast growth, The Sun reports.

Other pre-school youngsters even experience periods that normally start in their teens – and have temper tantrums just like adolescents.

The phenomenon is feared to have become more common since the 1990s – with doctors having to give increasing numbers of tots jabs to keep puberty at bay.

The mum of one girl, who at three was found to have the “bone age” of a nine-year-old, told how she was stunned when her daughter began acting like a ratty teen.

Hayley Holden said: “She used to slam doors a nd try and hit me. We’d go to supermarkets and she’d lie on the floor screaming.

“At the time, I just thought I had an ‘Omen’ child.”

She was stunned when medics told her Ellie-May – now eight – needed hormone injections to stave off puberty.

Harley Tedds, now ten, also has the painful jabs. Her mother Bernie said: “At five-years-old Harley was shaving her armpits and legs.

“Her face and hands were appearing puffy – the nurse noticed she was developing breasts.”

Harley said: “I used to get bullied about how I look and I used to get dirty looks from people.

“You just want to be the same as your friends.”

Junk food diets could be another factor in the early onset of puberty, according to hormone expert Peter Clayton.

He said: “There might be a link between the increasing amounts of obesity in childhood and early puberty.”

Shocked
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's pretty strange - I wonder if that's happened throughout history or if it's a new thing.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The youngest recorded pregnancy in the world was born in 1939 to a five year old.

It isn't a common thing but the increased fat in our diets and other additives has shown a link in speeding up puberty in children.

While seeing three year olds isn't common it is quite common now for puberty to start around 9 to 10 years of age.

On a personal note, I started puberty very early. At around six or so. That was in the 80s.
Lostinthestates

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 5 year old pregnant!! That's crazy - how is it possible that a 4 or 5 year old had sex!? That is sick!!!
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lostinthestates wrote:
A 5 year old pregnant!! That's crazy - how is it possible that a 4 or 5 year old had sex!? That is sick!!!

In the same sick way that it's possible for a 10 month old to "have sex".

Here is a bit of information on the actual definition of this issue. Which is actually known as "Precocious Puberty"
Marcella-FL
Don't make me pull this van over!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a friend whose daughter was having this same problem at about 6. She ended up putting her on an ALL ORGANIC diet and "luckily" she nipped it in the bud! You just never know what kind of crap is in the food we eat. I'm not an organic fanatic but I do pay attention to what I feed my kids.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree that this is mostly due to the hormones and additives in our food. Genetics has it's ways of evening things out over time (some people tall for a few generations, then shorter for a few, early puberty for a few generations, then not so early, etc. etc.). But if you look at most of the data, it's all gotten worse since people are eating all the manufactured and processed food
Marcella-FL
Don't make me pull this van over!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lostinthestates wrote:

Besides the obvious violation going on in these cases one thing that REALLY pisses me off is that these poor girls are going to have stunted growth because of it. Supposedly, once you are pregnant your bones stop growing. Can you imagine being the size of a 6 year old as an adult?
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcella-FL wrote:
Lostinthestates wrote:

Besides the obvious violation going on in these cases one thing that REALLY pisses me off is that these poor girls are going to have stunted growth because of it. Supposedly, once you are pregnant your bones stop growing. Can you imagine being the size of a 6 year old as an adult?

Generally when you hit puberty you have a bout a year of growth after it. So it will cause problems with height.

I started my period at 10 and at 11 I did hit my current height and haven't grown since. Sad
luke

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcella-FL wrote:
organic fanatic

i like that - probably make a nice teeshirt that Smile

Marcella-FL wrote:

i never knew that Shocked mind you i didn't really know it was possible for someone so young to get pregnant

think how massive her stomach would be carrying a baby if shes only small herself
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
Marcella-FL wrote:
Lostinthestates wrote:

Generally when you hit puberty you have a bout a year of growth after it. So it will cause problems with height.

I started my period at 10 and at 11 I did hit my current height and haven't grown since. Sad

This is very true. I actually had to have puberty induced with the use of oral contraceptives as the dr. felt if we didn't, I might end up being abnormally tall.... as it is I'm 6' so in a way it was good to do... I don't think I would have liked being much taller.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I would love to be 6'...then my weight would be about right!!! Laughing Seriously, it was the same for me, I am about the same height as I was when I was 12.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: