Special guests on the talksport show

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:02 am    Post subject: Special guests on the talksport show Reply with quote

I'm thinking to make a new area in the Galloway archive for individual special guests, so if you have a good memory and can remember some good ones then let's hear it... Ilan Pappe's first on the list. If you can give the show date for any guests then that would make it easier.
luke

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

one that was interesting but i can't remember the date was al fayed's lawyer, and al fayed himself, regarding diana

there was another with a guy regarding the charles de menezes case - again i'm not sure on the date
nekokate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luke wrote:
one that was interesting but i can't remember the date was al fayed's lawyer, and al fayed himself, regarding diana

That was classic!!! "Prince Philip? Bastard sonofabitch!"
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al Fayed for definite - I just wish I'd taken more notes in the past so I could find them easier...
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You and me both, faceless. I meant to keep working on that episode guide, but stopped (some time ago) after episode 9/9/2006. I still intend to revisit it, but first I'll have to catch up from being 6 episodes behind.

btw, my notes show there was a discussion of Jean Charles de Menenzez (sp?) 8/13/06.
Mandy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luke wrote:

there was another with a guy regarding the charles de menezes case - again i'm not sure on the date

My notes :

George Galloway talkSPORT radio show Friday 23 Mar 2007
"FIREWORKS : An amazing interview with Mohamed Al Fayed, father of Dodi Al Fayed who tragically died with Princess Diana. Mohamed Al Fayed answers callers' questions."

George Galloway talkSPORT radio show Friday 2 Mar 2007
George Galloway interviews Michael Cole, Mohamed Al Fayed's spokesman on their spectacular legal victory on Diana's and Dodi's inquest

George Galloway talkSPORT radio show Saturday 3 November 2007
Covering a wide range of topics, including Pakistan's military coup, the crushing debt mountain in the UK, the brave fire fighters who have been refused a pay of £8.50 per hour whilst some defend football players who earn £150,000 per week, and the "summary execution" of De Menezes by the police on the London underground.

George Galloway talkSPORT radio show Friday 2 November 2007
Covering a wide range of topics, including the "summary execution" of De Menezes by the police on the London underground

George Galloway talkSPORT radio show Friday 3 August 2007
George Galloway's first show since his return from New Zealand. There was a good bit of talk about the Jean Charles de Menezes case, which came as a result of
the news this week that the Met Police have been shown to have misled the public.
Axlsbabe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

al fayed interview, and the show with Karl perhaps?
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for those mandy - I removed the links because this is the Galloway archive after all and the stuff you gave links to on your own site is all available here.

axls, which Karl one do you mean? the one from christmas when he was in the studio?
Axlsbabe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah thats the one (the xmas one) I was just listening back to it again the other day...tis a very interesting show with him Smile
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:03 am    Post subject: Ken Capstick Reply with quote

The Christmas day show was one of the best bits of radio that I've heard. I take the young un' for a walk every day, and listen to George amongst others en route. One of the reasons I don't post so much here ...

if you didn't listen, download it.

Another was the day Ken Capstick rang up. A mine of info Smile - can't remember the date .. but it maybe 1st nov 2007 ...
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Ken Capstick was on again very recently - Jan 5th or 4th.
Mandy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

major.tom wrote:
I think Ken Capstick was on again very recently - Jan 5th or 4th.

I think it was 4th ..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: