Was Friday's show the 'best ever'?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Was Friday 4th January's show the best ever?
yes
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
no
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
are you 'avin a larf?
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 3

faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:42 am    Post subject: Was Friday's show the 'best ever'? Reply with quote

I see and hear today that Friday's show is apparently being lauded as the best ever. I thought it was quite good, but the best? Was Karl even on? The best shows I can remember have been the ones where Karl has set Galloway up with an argument early on that he couldn't really answer. That doesn't mean I want to see Galloway flummoxed, but that I want to see him challenged by people with similar but noticably different views.

So, what show do you think has been the best?
Mandy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a good thread faceless.

I think it was the best because of the vitally important subject matters (US presidency, what Maggie did to the Miners etc) and the positive contributions from callers.

Of-course would have been even better if Karl was on.
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still behind in my listening, but if Karl wasn't on, it'd have to be an exceptional episode to get my vote.

My favourite butting of heads has been between Karl and George on boxing. My favourite GG one-liner was that "[Margaret Thatcher] will be down in the cellar [of Parliament] until they put a stake through her heart."

Best Guest: the "how to get back your bank service charges" guy (sorry for the vagueness)
Mandy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

major.tom wrote:
My favourite GG one-liner was that "[Margaret Thatcher] will be down in the cellar [of Parliament] until they put a stake through her heart."

Last night's show (not the one being voted on) has George saying that if anyone deserves to be in hell, it is Maggie. He got a few callers in who were cross with that comment.
Axlsbabe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best Guest: the "how to get back your bank service charges" guy (sorry for the vagueness)

probably Martin Lewis, Money Saving expert - www.moneysavingexpert.com

I only heard bits and pieces of Fridays show so its a bit unfair to comment, but I didn't feel it was one of the best, imo
Mandy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Axlsbabe that it was Martin Lewis.

Regarding Friday, I think it was the "gravitas" of the show which made it so distinctive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: