Pool Vs Snooker

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:07 am    Post subject: Pool Vs Snooker Reply with quote

I saw this on another forum and thought it was worth posting...
Balding D-List Celebrity Twat wrote:

Marky wrote:

(pool) It's something played with 20 times more skill than pool players and if you are unsure watch this 147 on a snooker table by Ronnie O Sullivian in just over five minutes , and then do shut the fuck up.

Oh and notice the size of the pockets , NOT AS BIG AS THE AMERICAN ONES YOU SEE...

That's nonsense, silly. The pockets are smaller, but so are the balls, and snooker players break like girls with syphilis.
Snooker players come over to america to play all the time, and usually do well once they adapt, but none dominate.

American pool requires much more use of english or "side" than snooker, and in rotation based games like 9 and 10 ball which the pros primarily play the lack of a hard break and the lack of skill with spinning the balls with english is the downfall of the snooker player.

A lot of english guys came over to america to play in the IPT when it was in full swing with huge prize money, but none of them ever even won an event.

The lack of skill with spinning the balls is the downfall of the snooker player!! haha and I say again ha!
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know much about pool or snooker, but I can tell ya this Ronnie O'Sullivan guy is cute....LOL!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he's known as Ronnie 'The Rocket' O'Sullivan if that helps warm the cockles? haha
Griffo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Dad loves Snooker and is a really good player...i suck at Snooker and when i play my Dad in pool he thrashes me!

So i think Snooker players are far more skilled as it's a harder game.
Bob

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha...that's funny....we've a pool table at work, I'm half decent at pool, but I'm crap at snooker, you've got to be so much more precise and control of the cue ball....spinning and doing proper jump shots and combo's are a piece of piss tbh....and 9 ball breaks are easy, that and a combo on the 9 wins and flukes count, unlike in straight pool or 8 ball when you've got to nominate the ball and pocket.

And plenty of snooker players come over here and kick arse.
Bat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play pool in my local pub and I'm ALWAYS better when I'm pissed (drunk) crazed agree
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: